• R, 1 hr. 34 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Thick As Thieves Reviews

Cassandra M

August 11, 2010
watched this movie late at night, but I was right wide awake! The movie is a story about a thief who after a successful assignment, escapes a attempt at killing him and seeks for revenge after a black gangster who likes the fine things in live.

The movie distinguishes itself from other crime movies because of the humor and the witty and funny dialog. Michael Jai White proves to be a very good actor. I knew him from Spawn, but this role is completely different and he is impressive. Baldwin is a very versatile actor who does great in his role as Mackin the thief. The other roles a nicely casted too. It is a well paced, intelligent humorous gangster movie. Rebecca DeMornay proves that you don't have to have a big role to impress. She reminded me of Frances McDormand in Fargo.

I can't understand why I didn't hear about this movie before. An example of gems waiting to be discovered by the audience. I loved it.
Jeffrey M

July 13, 2011
Though ultimately a familiar story, Thick as Thieves departs from the lone assassin archetype and instead makes it more of a buddy criminal movie with a quirky sense of humor. Alec Baldwin is at his usual best, with the rest of the film being made up of familiar character actors. Who doesn't work, however, is Michael Jai White, who was completely over-the-top, and seemingly out of place the entire movie. The film also certainly lacks at character development, we never appreciate the camaraderie or history behind the characters. Still, for all of its going through the motions, it is always watchable.
September 17, 2013
An amusing morality tale about the pitfalls of being a pretentious cheapskate
Jeffrey M

July 13, 2011
May 7, 2011
awesome awesome jazz soundtrack... the best... late 50's and 60's id say... decent movie for what it is... we liked!
Blind Pariah
October 9, 2009
Thick as Thieves is a crime caper/doublecross flick that seemed to lack passion as it twisted about. Enough action to keep it moving, but not enough character depth to be moving.
Grimwood