45% The Other Woman Apr 25

Get Carter Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

February 16, 2014
The remake of Get Carter is really a mixed bag. I view it as a mediocre movie, one that relies on a formulaic storyline, and poor performances from those involved. I really wanted to enjoy this movie, but this was a tedious affair, one that fell short of its potential. Sylvester Stallone is a good actor, but here he is wasted, and as an action picture, Get Carter just doesn't deliver the thrills that it possibly good. The film feels predictable, rushed and overdone, like the filmmakers tried way too hard at masking a revenge themed action movie, and in turn the results are unimpressive. This is the type of film that you really want to like, but can't due to the fact that the formula has already been done before, and much better as well. I felt that Get Carter could have been much better, and though it had a good cast, the writing just failed to grab your attention. The film had some decent action scenes, but nothing really that stood out to truly make this a memorable actioner. Sylvester Stallone has done far better wo0rk, and considering that was made at the start of the 2000's. However it would be a few years till Sly would get his groove back, and retain that same edge he had back in his heyday. With this movie, he just doesn't deliver anything worthwhile for fans, and it's a shame because if the story would have been a bit more developed, then I think that the film would have succeeded in being a memorable action film. As it is, it's a mediocre movie, one that doesn't stand out, and isn't anything worthy in the long run.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

February 9, 2013
Have I gone mad, has it come to this me I said me watching a Sylvester Stallone Film, You would have think I learned to stop watching him after Rocky I and You think Stallone would have stopped acting after Rocky I. a dry action film about revenge. Jack Carter returns home to his brother's funeral and decides to solve the mystery surrounding his brother's death. Perhaps the only thing interesting about the film is the friendship made between Jack and his niece, but even this is marred by a plot twist that's handled with such discomfort that it doesn't seem to belong in a movie with the Italian Stallion. Also starring Michael Caine, from the original "Get Carter," and the ever-so-versatile Alan Cumming, I really expected more from this movie. But the film loses its steam after the opening credits. 1 1/2 Stars
Conner R

May 3, 2010
In no way is it a terrible movie, in many ways it is really fun and a decent action movie. However, the fact that it is a remake of a classic doomed this from the beginning. No matter how awesome Sylvester Stallone is, it's seen as a copy and lower being. Sure it's not the most original movie ever made, but I think it will please any Sly fan. The action is really well done and it comes off pretty gritty. I loved the look of the film and it really has a very noir style about it which the original doesn't. The side characters are fun, Mickey Rourke as a strip club owner is just too fun to see played out. Given a proper chance, Get Carter is great.
Gx7
Gx7

September 4, 2008
Average film, nothing special here. Leave your mind out the door if you decide to watch it.
deano
deano

February 18, 2007
This action-packed remake of the 1971 cult classic brings back Michael Caine, this time in a memorable supporting role, while giving Sylvester Stallone his good role since Copland.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

November 16, 2008
watched some of it relly gd
Al S

October 1, 2007
A hard-edged, stylish and hard-hitting crime-thriller. It's a real intense and wickedly fun pot-boiler that packs a wallop. A gritty adreniline-pumping flick. A tough, suspensful and exhilerating thrill-ride. It packs action with a gritty film noir style. Sylvester Stallone gives a powerful performance. One of hist best roles.
Steven V

June 11, 2007
Enjoyable with a tasty plot. The downfall, as usual, is the actor's one-liners and his constant monotonous tone. The film is hard-hitting, brutal, and very entertaining. Worth seeing.
Naughtia
Naughtia

August 18, 2010
I liked this movie and I'm sorry to say that I haven't seen the original 'Get Carter' movie, so I can't compare these two. This movie has many great actors starring in it and in my opinion they compliment each other very well. There are some great action scenes and a car chase which really boosts up the thrill. I especially liked Sylvester Stallone and Mickey Rourke in this movie, they really fit to their characters. From what I have heard I might like this movie a lot less if I would watch the original one, so I better put that on my movie-to-watch list.
Lee K

December 21, 2008
boring and a total let down
Christopher B

October 12, 2007
Fill in the Blanks:
Stallone's Get Carter is a ____ing piece of ____. I would rather ____ a ___ than watch this ____ _____ _______ again.

GOOD LUCK!
Chosen 7

June 28, 2007
Great film, one of Stallone's best movies.
February 19, 2007
I actually liked this in spite of myself, and it holds up (for what I need to get out of it) on the repeated viewings. I guess I'm just an easy mark for the revenge film set-up, but this has some decent stylish flourishes and is worth a look if you have some time to kill.

Rental?
sleepykiss
October 9, 2011
Better then I thought it would be (I havent seen the original.) Sly can act when he wants to. Watch with COPLAND to see Sly's best performances.
jjb3332003
March 18, 2009
Stallone looked tough, and the revenge factor was great, but the plot was a bit too convoluted and the directing a bit too jumpy.
May 17, 2010
I expected this to suck and thought I might be able to laugh at it for that reason. I'm happy to announce it was actually pretty good. I haven't seen the original, but after seeing this I think I'll look for it.
Brody M

October 20, 2009
I remember going to see this movie in the theater the 1st day It came out & falling asleep while watching it
LaurenceJMoquinJr
August 4, 2009
Unjustifiably maimed by critics and ignored by movie goers at the time of it's release- it's actually one of Stallone's better vehicles. Given the atypical Stallone vehicle is sometimes bottom of the barrel fare, it's hard not to blame anyone for judging a movie by well, it's awful cover. Still, it's everything one would want from a popcorn action flick.
June 26, 2007
The trailer for this was so good, and I got really excited. Then I discovered they'd remade an excellent crime flick and made it boring as hell.
June 7, 2008
I hate to admit it, but this movie was better than the Michael Caine version. They just didn't know how to seal the deal back then.