92% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

Blow Dry Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

March 8, 2008
an entertaining enough movie, thats funny, enjoyable , and a good enough storyline thats bound to make you love this movie!
the yorkshire accent is kinda annoying but bearable with bill nighy and alan rickaman making the film that much more enjoyable to be honest! a good enough movie that doesnt offer much but still worth the watch, not my favourite alan rickman movie but it'll do!!
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
..Blows! Great cast, just isn?t very good.
Megan S

March 26, 2007
Another one of those movies where I was expecting a comedy based on the previews. It almost made me cry a few times! And Josh Harnett's British accent was kinda terrible, he should stick with drama. It was pretty ridiculous though and a fun movie.
Cassandra M

May 27, 2009
So it's a comedy about hairdressing. In truth, the hairdressing provides little more than colour commentary (pun intended), because it's the relationships that take first stage, and they take it really well. Alan Rickman is good, sincere and has depth, Josh Hartnett has an okay delivery ruined by his trying-too-hard faux Yorkshire accent, and Bill Nighy is Bill Nighy, you'll always get a few laughs from him, but the real stars are Rachel Griffiths and Natasha Richardson. Griffiths, in particular, is splendid, going from funny to poignantly hurt to deep, deep love without skipping a beat. Richardson also makes a strong impression, and you can feel the pain in her as the film goes. Oh well... It's a fun film, but it's also a good film.
JennabGreat
August 2, 2011
I thought it would be a lot funnier and intense than it was, it was actually pretty tame. Great cast including Alan Rickman, Natasha Richardson and Bill Nighy, but not much else was good. & Josh Harnett's acting/British accent was horrible!
February 23, 2009
Netflix described this as "The Full Monty With Hair Curlers" which is perplexing to me- they have nothing in common except for a British cast. I can't believe for the movie poster they featured 2 American secondary characters wheras it should've showcased Rickman and Nighy with dueling blow dryers. Might be difficult to get men to watch this, but it is more a feel good comedy and the ending is very satisfying and the hair designs are very impressive.
MichelleasaurusRex
January 11, 2009
Pretty stupid movie. I don't even know why I watched it, oh yeah that's right, I only watched it for Josh Hartnett. I don't recommend this one.
audrinalove2
September 30, 2007
i LOVE alan rickman but i didnt like this movie as well as i thought i would . i`m not a basher but i want realy fond of the whole gay thing , why not have her run away with a man ? the moral was good but it was still not enough to over ride the two woman . GOD created ADAM & EVE not adam & steve or alice & eve .
June 1, 2007
I own it finally! YAY! And it was worth the wait! I LOVED it! Alan was awesome in it! And I love the dead dude's hair!!! LOL!
losingallcontrol
November 27, 2007
Odd movie, but somehow amused me. Maybe it's the brit humor... Will say Josh's accent was awful. But I forgive. lol.
sabo5150
June 5, 2007
Alan RIckmans hair is prefection in this film. Its a comedy that is different than what you normally see.
September 13, 2007
Ok I watched this movie with some apprehension, I thought it might be the one movie I didnt like with Alan Rickman but it pleasantly surprised me! Funny as hell and with a wonderful story about family and sticking together even when broken. Loved it oh and Alan was wonderful as usual :)
dustdaughter
July 22, 2007
The only reasons to watch this movie are Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy and Natasha Richardson. Josh Hartnett's tries a dodgy British accent and Rachael Leigh Cook's character is shoo-horned into the movie.
calivettech
June 26, 2007
Very funny and very fresh..I mean come on, a movie about competitive hair sylists! The cast couldn't be better.
June 24, 2007
A similar vein of comedy as "Strictly Ballroom". While the starpower of Josh Hartnett and Rachel Leigh Cook are pushed to get a wider viewership of this film; it's Natasha Richardson and Alan Rickman who really shine and their complicated relationship in this film about a hairstyling contest. Rachel Griffiths from "Six Feet Under" also stars.
gsimonbrooks
May 25, 2007
Great movie with a mixture of elements that work well together and Bill Nighy and Alan Rickman play off each other so well
lelandp13
April 30, 2007
A very under rated film, which no one heard of. I loved it. was funny, sad, heart warming and ture in it's voice.
mizzmmv
May 21, 2007
Ok the opposite applies - lots o' Rickman, but I'm not sure I love this movie. It's weird, but watchable.
krockON
April 16, 2007
Josh Hartnett isn't a very convincing Brit, but I really enjoyed the comedic stylings of AlaN Rickman and Bill Nighy.
April 3, 2007
What a quaint little film this turned out to be, it really heats up as the movie goes on. Not only is the story complex and tangled, check out the transformation of the Mayor as the movie goes on.