69% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Leigh R

September 13, 2008
Tense.
May 10, 2008
There were so many unbelievable twists, it made the story unenjoyable. The dialog was bad, too. I find it hard to believe that actors of the caliber of William Hurt, Jennifer Tilly, and Dennis Leary would be in this film. Even William Hurt's accent, or whatever it was, was painful to listen to. It's hard to believe this film was made in 1999. The quality was more something you may expect from the 70s or early 80s.
Sebastian O.
September 20, 2013
I thought it was a funny, tense, and above all thought-provoking film with great performances by Tilly, Hurt, and especially the silent protagonist: Francesca Brown.
Dave J
June 17, 2013
Monday, June 17, 2013

(1999) Silent Witness
SUSPENSE THRILLER

Written and directed by Dick Maas starring William Hurt as Walter, his wife Cathryn played by Jennifer Tilly and their only child who is their 12 year old daughter, Melissa (Francesca Brown) who happens to be a mute, and they're stopping by Amsterdam, Holland for a pharmaceutical deal regarding her husband. But as a result of their daughter Melissa getting lost as a result of using the hotel washroom, she witnesses a murder and of course chase her through some of the streets. Chasing her is Hartman played by Michael Chiklis along with a hired hit man who eventually come to her rescue is a street person Simon (Denis Leary) who's been living on a boat.

Despite the happy ending, I can't really recommend a film when they're so many mistakes and inconsistencies just because it's more of a suspense thriller than as an action film. This is one of those movies where the police are restricted to know obvious procedures which would never happened in real life such as totally ignoring gun shot marks and bullet holes, and conveniently when the bad guys are shooting at the girl that their would be no witnesses meaning that the movie has been altered or adapted to be stupid because it had to be a two hour movie. And although, I was cheering for the 12 year old girl to get away and so forth in many of it's situations, the movie took way too long to give it any credibility regarding the policeman of Amsterdam. it may be because the director or film production had to adapt to the people of Holland's filming rules and boy does it really show.

2 out of 4 stars
May 31, 2013
This is THE worst movie ever made - treat yourself!!