The Great Gatsby Reviews

September 18, 2009
A Major Disappointment. I should actually say Catastrophic.
August 29, 2013
This was a solid adaptation of Fitzgerald's novel and Sorvino made a very convincing self-important Daisy.
½ December 8, 2013
I did really believed in "chemistry" between Sorvino and Stephens. And music is great: from the very beginning suppose to tragic end!
November 29, 2012
Avoid this movie as much as possible.
½ May 13, 2013
Perhaps it's a quest best left to fools to adapt this cherished masterpiece to another medium. But if you're an admirer of ambition, or gall for that matter, this is highly recommended. It would seem that the casting hits a few false notes, but I'll be honest. I like Paul Rudd as Nick Carraway. But everyone else in this is occasionally unintentionally hilarious. I believe there are moments when Rudd is intentionally hilarious.
April 10, 2013
One of the several versions of F.Scott Fitzgerald's famous book, brought to film, 'The Great Gatsby' is a very entertaining story, well done by all. This version was made for TV. One of the things I liked especially was at the end of the film, the producers added a biography of F. Scott Fitzgerald, with actual film clips of him and his wife and daughter. I liked this film, good for an evening's entertainment.
February 12, 2013
It's a nuisance. It's annoying. Paul Rudd excels as the rest crumbles. Alot of inaccuracies, boring. They tried hard, but failed miserably
September 22, 2012
Leo is going to make this look like complete crap.

D+
September 17, 2012
So terrible. I couldn't stand the book but the movie was absolutely horrible. It is no wonder that it was a TV movie because it wasn't good enough to even be direct to DVD (or VHS when it came out). It makes the book seem like you've just read The Lord of the Rings and then you watched Percy Jackson. Everything about it was complete and utter CRAP. Grade: F
½ February 11, 2012
Started out okay, until we meet Jay Gatsby: totally miscast. His forced use of the phrase "Old Sport" was just the beginning. The movie went downhill right after he said "I am Jay Gatsby. The set was great, music fantastic, but when the lead person is a "no-go" the rest of the cast cannot save the film.
December 2, 2011