Derailed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Derailed Reviews

deano
½ November 28, 2006
Van Damme makes this damn fantastic and thrill-action ride film with the train out of control and takes on the terrorists to save the lives of everyone on board.
November 7, 2006
Intrigingly smart and captivating.
John2223
September 22, 2009
It is loaded with clichés, bad dialogue, bad direction, cheap effects and bad performances.BUT delivers fun, thrills and entertainment.
chadroesti
½ March 19, 2007
F Jean F'n Claude movies besides Bloodsport.
½ December 6, 2006
Rubbish
March 28, 2013
Straight to DVD Van Damme action thriller. Poorly acted, except by Laura Elena Harring, and haphazardly directed. Though the fight sequences are effective, any momentum and intensity being built is always hampered by the fact that you just aren't made to care about the characters. Yes, the family is imperiled... ho, hum Van Damme will save them. Barely watchable for the fight scenes and the sultry Harring.
½ March 27, 2013
This is the type of movie you get when you have a good idea but not enough money to make said idea realistic. Derailed is an interesting idea with so many flaws and problems that it if not for JCVD it might have become one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Director Bob Misiorowski is completely out of his league with Derailed and the amateurish camerawork, editing, effects, and plot holes are an everlasting tribute to that fact. JCVD gives a worthy effort but it was sad seeing a superstar from the 80s starring in such a terribly put together film.
½ August 21, 2012
It's sort of like Die Hard on a train. JCVD has never really had a big budget, good script, good director, or a major studio backing unlike action heroes Stallone and Schwarzenegger. One thing Van Damme dose have is talent. His movies get better as he gets older. Aside from the terrible effects and the fact that the sets look like they are from a bad sitcom, its highly entertaining. A must own for any JCVD fan
½ August 6, 2011
Another in a long string of Van Damme less than stellar roles. He should quit while he's down. This one just added another proverbial nail into the casket of his ending career. I want a refund...
January 8, 2010
This movie, about a train upon which a deadly virus is unleashed (sort of by accident, mostly for nefarious purposes though) must be stopped before the passengers die, has some real character development. I wasn't expecting that. The action is pretty exciting, and well handled. Due to this, I was thoroughly entertained and pleased. One of his better DTDVD works, I'd say.
½ October 14, 2009
Typical Jean-Claude Van damme shallow junk, cheaply made. There are a few good special effects but otherwise it is an empty thriller. Laura Elena Harring does a decent job. Not very exciting, definite slow spots prevent the film from movong along at a good pace.
November 9, 2008
I've seen many of Jean-Claude Van Damme movies I'm sure I've seen this one I like action movies I know this one was good.
½ April 16, 2007
If this doesn't get the blood pumping check your pulse, all the things one wants in an action movie, namely Jean Claude Van Dam.
February 11, 2007
May 23, 2006
Overall, I thought this movie was a good movie. Clive Owen does a great job playing this role. Really making you feel for what he is going through. Jennifer Aniston, as always looks amazing, plays this role very well. Using her sex appeal to her advantage which is really what this role needed. However, the ending although it had its final twist is somewhat predictable as you see the conclusion coming. Not something that I would allow to stop me from seeing this movie or reccomending it. If your looking for a date movie that you might use to help get her in the mood. There are a few scences that might help you out.
½ November 26, 2005
I wish they hadn't advertised that this movie had a big twist. Since they did, I guessed it. It didn't ruin it for me, really, but it did make it much lesser. Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston both did good with their material, but their acting still came off as boring. The movie was good, I enjoyed it, but there are way bettes ones out there.
November 15, 2005
[b]Chinatown
[/b]Story Development/Believability: 8
Sound Design/Musical Score: 3
There were multiple times in the film where I was thinking I could have scored it. Sounds like a cat walking on a piano at times.
Cinematography/Editing: 6
Actor Performance/Connection to Audience: 9
Directing/Achievement of Goal: 9
Entertainment: 6

[b]Weatherman
[/b]Story Development/Believability: 8
Sound Design/Musical Score: 6
That one piece of music repeated quite frequently.
Cinematography/Editing: 8
Actor Performance/Connection to Audience: 9
Directing/Achievement of Goal: 9
Entertainment: 8

[b]Derailed starring Clive Owen
[/b]Story Development/Believability: 6
Sound Design/Musical Score: 4
I remember the musical score not being very good for some reason.
Cinematography/Editing: 7

Directing/Achievement of Goal: 6
Entertainment: 9
Robbanflix
October 27, 2008
Not quite Van Damme's best effort here but not his worst either. Its a B flick of course with average acting and fight scenes. The movie reminds me of Seagal's "Under Siege 2" about terrorists and trains.... Anyway if you are a Van Damme fan you know what u get.