Hafiđ (The Sea) (Havet) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hafiđ (The Sea) (Havet) Reviews

puffchunk
January 15, 2008
It gets 3 stars because it had crazy Icelandic people yelling their Satan language at each other the whole time. Otherwise, it's a 2.5 star film about kids hating Iceland and their Dad, and one guy humps his half cousin half sister in a frozen ocean and they act like it's no biggie. Too bad he'd not be able to breath, let alone get it up. Still, it's cool when this one scary lady picks up a cop with a fork lift and dumps him into the ocean.
April 23, 2016
This film held my attention, but it takes itself far too seriously. "The Sea" wants to be a dark comedy but is forced to present itself as a melodramatic potboiler.
½ June 30, 2015
Now we know what life in Iceland is like. Dysfunctional people live in a hungover fog, perpetual gloom permeates the island which in 2002 was funneling money into financial assets to the neglect of the fishing industry. It was another Cyprus before the crash of 2007. The babes are beautiful but often drunk and the citizens have a high regard for Coca-Cola. It;s kind of a warped travelogue reminiscent of other 'Dystopia' genre films like the Russian '??????? ? ?????????' (Once Upon a Time in the Provinces').
November 4, 2012
Lot of stuff going on, I was able to follow (mostly) but again, not that interesting...
December 17, 2010
Kormakur offre ici une sorte de Festen en nettement moins rĂ (C)ussi. Une rĂ (C)union de famille va ĂȘtre l'occasion d'un dĂ (C)ballage sur tous les torts et les travers que celle-ci a connu. Sauf qu'on a face Ă  nous des monstres, ayant commis tous les pires actes. Si l'oeuvre essaie de nous offrir du cynisme, il faut avouer que ça ne fonctionne pas vraiment. Le village doit certainement ĂȘtre composĂ (C) de dĂ (C)gĂ (C)nĂ (C)rĂ (C)s consanguins, baisant Ă  gauche Ă  droite. Le fils baise sa demi-soeur. Une des filles a Ă (C)tĂ (C) violĂ (C)e mais c'est une imbĂ (C)cile d'aprĂšs son pĂšre. Ce dernier ayant baisĂ (C) la soeur de sa femme, alors que cette derniĂšre Ă (C)tait mourante. Bref, une jolie famille en quelque sorte... Et la fin n'arrange rien vraiment, pas de sentiments d'amĂ (C)lioration. On se demande pourquoi HĂ (C)lĂšne de Fougerolles est allĂ (C) dans ce truc, son rĂŽle Ă (C)tant presque inutile. Seul point positif, l'oeuvre prend comme contexte les quotas de pĂȘche difficiles imposĂ (C)s par l'Europe, dans un pays oĂč la pĂȘche est Ă (C)videmment trĂšs importante. Un film qui tente de montrer la rupture entre deux gĂ (C)nĂ (C)rations, la premiĂšre Ă (C)tant ancrĂ (C)e dans les traditions tandis que l'autre a Ă (C)voluĂ (C) avec le capitalisme. Toujours est-il que ça ne fonctionne pas, en cause une galerie de personnages caricaturaux et ratĂ (C)s, sans humanitĂ (C) ou presque.
November 21, 2008
I love watching a bunch of spoiled brats in action...
September 15, 2009
Family relations and drama. A different and kind of straight-forward film about a family with the burden of the past, in the changing society. I was a bit disturbed by the cruelty and lack of empathy of the characters.
½ August 23, 2009
Jumalauta, kyllÀ tÀmÀ kaikki Hollywood -megabudjetti leffat pieksee niin 100-0, Musiikit jumalaisia
½ June 18, 2009
Iceland. Tradition VS modernization. A dysfunctional & rotten family building up with lots of dark histories, secrets & calculations. Through the eyes of the director, in addition to captures of Iceland landscapes, the film also depicted something concerning the Icelanders- the 'invasion' from outside world- economy, cultures & ideology, immigrants.
Thorough in vision.
½ May 7, 2008
King Lear in Iceland. A dark and twisted tale of an Icelandic family.
January 29, 2009
On ihan kiva asua Suomessa sillÀ ei tuo perinnönjako tunnu olevan Islannissakaan kovin helppoa. Vaan onko meillÀ tÀÀllÀ samanlaisia suorasanaisia terÀsmummoja jotka lipittÀvÀt viinaa ja polttelevat tupakkaa vielÀ tuossa iÀssÀ... Ja melkoinen varasto sitÀ viinaa onkin noinkin kalliin viinan maassa.
October 25, 2008
This first Icelandic movie that I've seen is dark and edgy. Doesn't tell too much but luckily just enough to be interesting and thought-provoking. I liked it.
August 16, 2008
Beautifully shot, the story was captivating and sad but at the same time realistic, I could very well imagine everything happening in real life, too. I didn't have any expectations concerning this film but I was still blown away by the beauty of it, just... amazing.
½ April 30, 2008
Kiinnostaisiko islantilainen rakennemuutos? Olis parempi kiinnostaa, sillÀ Kormakur tekisi varmaan lampaiden keinosiemennyksestÀkin mukaansatempaavaa draamaa ;-)
February 11, 2008
this is an awsome Icelandic film wich I would revomment for everybody;**
½ February 8, 2008
Intenst islandsk drama. Jeg husker musikket og skuespillet (Sven Nordin blant annet).
January 22, 2008
LOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEE this movie.
puffchunk
January 15, 2008
December 4, 2007
One of my favorite independent films... period!