62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Second Coming Reviews

February 26, 2011
This movie started with a bang, and ended with a whimper! It takes a turn to oblivion, and there was so much potential!!!!
Carrie H.
August 15, 2010
Brilliant drama. Christopher Eccleston is absolutely beautiful in this production as the unlikely saviour. Very quirky and eccentric, painfully shy and genuine. Eccleston is a marvellous actor in a series that really makes you think. Lesley Sharp is equally believable in her role as Judy. A viewer can really lose themselves in this poignant tale of rebirth, faith and the human condition.
HeatherT
March 28, 2008
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]I really enjoyed this movie! It was well-paced, well cast and entertaining. But, most importantly, the story gives you something worth thinking about. [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]You can read a story summary for yourself, I won't bore you. What I don't see in a summary is the real point of the movie: it's about personal responsibility. When David realizes he's the Son of God, here to bring us a new age, he has to get his message across quickly and effectively. But he finds himself hampered by his own cross-breeding, if you will. How can you be one with the creator of the Universe and filter that through a human brain? And human emotion. And human needs. [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]As he struggles with what he's really doing here and how to best do it, his friends are trying to figure out their place in the coming "new world." They find themselves tempted and tricked into making the new Covenant more difficult to fulfill.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]In the end, the answer lies in each person's acceptance of their own power and responsibility. Can humanity make the leap to a consciouness that requires everyone to be responsible for their own choices, not because they [i]have[/i] to be, but because they [i]want[/i] to be? Can we play nice without a higher power watching over our shoulder? Can we grow up and move out of the cosmic parents' basement? [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]This movie doesn't tell us what we should do, just gives us a chance to ask ourselves the question, "Could I do this?" [/color][/font]