Perfect Strangers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfect Strangers Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
March 10, 2010
this movie gets two stars purely for sam neill looking gorgeous!!
This isnt the one with Bruce wilis and Halle Berry, this movie is about a man who is in love with a woman who he knows everything about but she knows nothing about him!!
He kidnaps her, shes stabs him and this leads to a whirlwind of weird love that is strange, weird and probably the most stupid storyline in the world!!
Its boring predictable, weird and just plain rubbish, however Sam Neill looks so gorgeous!!
½ August 8, 2010
This was a strange one. A bit of Atame meets Repulsion. Rachael Blake reminds me of Julie Christie.
November 4, 2007
Slow moving drama thriller, but it has two interesting main characters that develop nicely. It is not at all predictable, that's a plus. Well acted, nice location filming.
March 18, 2014
clicked the wrong movie
August 25, 2012
A quite frankly confused film from New Zealand, that never seems sure of its identity as it splutters from from one genre to the next. Starting off as a psychological thriller before morphing into a twist romance. Its not without its merits, though most of these must fall at the feet of Sam Neill who never fails to turn in a decent performance regardless of the material.
½ June 3, 2012
Pretty naff and strange, implausible scenarios.
May 22, 2012
It was alright. Some good romance and suspense mixed within.
December 22, 2011
Visually beautiful, and with a solid start there is much anticipation. However, it never goes anywhere. Blake & Neill are great but on the most part wasted.
August 22, 2011
It sounded more interesting than it really was. It was ok, I just expected a more intense movie. The acting is alright but nothing special.
July 12, 2009
Perfect Strangers (2003)

Directed by: Gaylene Preston
PG-13, 1 hr. 36 min.
Release Date: January 1, 2003

Better than average, kinda liked it but a bit taboo on testosterone for the critics i think. All F*%#!kin Syco`s Really
½ August 8, 2010
½ May 10, 2010
Initially looked like it could have been anything. Then it seemed to take the route of psychological thriller. Then it tried to become romantic with perhaps a dark sense of humour. Ultimately it turned into an absolute heap of crap. It bewildered, annoyed and bored me, then annoyed me a bit more.
I feel like there's just enough in there that the same idea could be re-explored and done much better, and that's about the only reason this gets any stars at all.
FiLmCrAzY
March 10, 2010
this movie gets two stars purely for sam neill looking gorgeous!!
March 10, 2010
I think some people are getting this film mixed up with the Halle Berry and Bruce Willis film. However, the Halle Berry one is so much better than this film!

The kidnapper gets stabbed by the kidnappee who then turns a little psycho and trys and kills her ex boyfriend who she then marries. Its a missed up romance which had protiental because the story is quite intrigueing but this film sucked!! Sam Neill rules, but boy! He picks shit films to star in!!
August 22, 2007
awesome, a must see!
½ January 29, 2009
a very interesting film with nice twists.
a mind game film
November 2, 2008
This took a turn half way through, and went in an unexpected direction. Once I'd realised where we were heading I readjusted and enjoyed the ride. An unexpected film. A little dull though, and a bit repetitive and unlikely in places.
½ August 19, 2008
The storyline is supposed to be great, but the film turns out lousy, lacking in depth or tension.
½ July 29, 2008