Sniper 3 Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ June 25, 2014
After the mediocre second film, I actually found myself quite enjoying this third film. Although nothing original, the film manages to be quite decent despite threading familiar ground. The story here is a bit different, and I think that's why the film manages to be what it is. Of course the Sniper films were never meant to be great cinema, but for what it is, Sniper 3 is the better sequel, and it should have been the direct follow-up to the original. The second film never tried too hard at being a standout action film, and it had the potential of being a great film. Unfortunately, it ended up being a disappointing feature. However with this, the filmmakers have created something pretty entertaining and for what it is, it's a pretty decent straight to DVD title. The film is entertaining and manages to be worth your time, even if it's far from perfect, but it's one of those films that manages to work well enough for fans of low budget action fans looking for mindless entertainment. This entry is quite interesting and improves on the lacking qualities of the second film. Tom Berenger here is quite good, and makes the film worth seeing if you enjoy the genre. Sniper 3 is far from perfect, but it does possess enough thrills to appeal to fans that have enjoyed the first film. If you were disappointed by the second film, and wanted a film that retained the traditional franchise elements, while reinventing itself, this third film might interest. Like I said, for what it is, it's quite decent, never anything great, but it does work well enough to entertain when you have nothing else better to do.
ScoopOnline
December 19, 2009
This was a third class cup of tea but I could live with it as long it was only once.
lol to the Quote
Tom Beckett: If I need to wake up by Clowns I ll join the circus"
September 24, 2007
This is where they started to lose it. lt's bad enuff they waited like 20 years to make number 2, but they could have left it at that and done OK.
½ September 3, 2006
Totally brillanet for being old marine person. This is a catch back game. Two Thumps Up again and again! I also recommended this to everyone. I hope there is a sniper 4!
½ August 24, 2014
si lo pasa un canal uruguayo, es garantía de que será de lo peor que se puede ver
½ March 24, 2012
Particular aspects of Sniper 3 are watchable, but its nothing special. Its about as good as, if not slightly better than the first Sniper. Tom Berenger is still good though.
½ January 30, 2013
Not bad - watchable if you've nothing better to do. The sound is particularly good, though.
½ December 25, 2012
Nothing beats the first.
½ September 7, 2012
Worse than the second!
January 23, 2012
Tom Berenger: "You guys want me to drop a few pounds or anything?"
Producers: "Nope. Just say a few lines, rub some dirt on your face, and cash the check."
September 19, 2011
Crap movie.. So much of the stuff that was taking place in Vietnam was clearly being filmed in Thailand... They didn't even try to avoid showing Thai script in the war museum scene. And the tunnel scenes were not realistic. If you've ever been to the tunnels in Vietnam, you would know that fat Tom Berenger wouldn't even fit through the entrance hole of the real tunnels.
½ October 12, 2004
[b][u][size=2][size=6][color=white]Review Realm[/color][/size]

[/u][size=4][color=white]Sniper 3[/color][/size]

[/b]Sniper Thomas Beckett (Tom Berenger) is hired by NSA officials, William Avery (Denis Arndt) and Richard Addis (William Duffy) to perform a covert operation to eliminate a suspected terrorist. The terrorist turns out to be a friend of Beckett's and the real purpose of the mission turns out to be something other thatn what Beckett was told. I've always liked Tom Berenger, espically in 'The Substitue' if you have not seen that movie then I highly recommend it. I'm going to re-rent it and the 3 sequels it spawned as well. Lately thought it seems hes been doing alot of straight-to-video movies. But if you want a fun movie to watch I recommend watching this, but you must watch the first one first, and even the 2nd one.

Sniper 3, I actually thought was better then the 2nd one, not better then the orginal though. Which Sniper 2 wasn't all that great anyways. The 3rd one had a somewhat decent story, alittle predictable, or well pretty obviously predictable. But, it was still a nice little fun actiony movie.

[b][size=4][color=white]Smokey & The Bandit[/color][/size]

[/b]Bandit (Burt Reynolds) and Cledus are two truck-driving southereners who accept a dare from big-shots Big and Little Enos to pick up a truckload of beer from Texas and return it to them within a specified amount of time. Picking it up is simple enough, but as they are leaving Texas, Bandit unwittingly picks up Carrie (Sally Fields), a hitchhiking bride-to-be who just left her groom, Junior, at the altar. Junior, however, is the son of SHeriff Buford T. Justice. And when Buford and Junior discover what has happened, they go on a "high-speed pursuit" across the Southeast to catch the bandit.

For this to be a 1977 movie I will admit its pretty good. If this movie was made in modern time, it would have sucked horribly or I guess if you spiced it up alittle with the technology and the new styles it could be alright, but I doubt it. The acting is pretty good, Burt Reynolds, Sally Fields, Jackie Gleason and Jerry Reed. It's not a movie I would watch over and over, its a movie that you see one time, just to say you've seen it. So I leave the decision to watch this movie up to you.

[b][u][size=6][color=white]News Realm[/color][/size]

[/u][color=white]Patrick would like to do X-Files 2[/color]

[/b]Robert Patrick who is best know from playing the T-1000 I believe it was in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. He also had a part in the recent Ladder 49 movie. There is plans of another X-Files movie, and Robert Patrick says he would love to hop on board, but he hasn't been asked yet. He joined The X-files in its final 2 seasons, and he said it wasn't his idea to let the show go..he though it was doing well enough to stay on the air.

[b][color=white]Bubba Ho-Tep 2[/color]

[/b]Writer and director Don Coscarelli says that a sequel to Bubba Ho-Tep film starring Bruce Campell and Ossie Davis is a go. He said that things are looking good, and MGM is happy with the results in the US and even the UK. Bruce Campell would love to return. Coscarelli did say dont expect filming to start anytime soon. They don't have a title for it and yet along a script or even a script idea as of yet. But they are going to try and cook something up.

[b][color=white]Sam Raimi talks.[/color]

[/b]Sam Raimi talked about whats coming for the Spider-Man franchise. Raimi said after the 3rd that will be it, then he goes on and says he's not supposed to tell and he's still figuruing it out, and that he has a few ideas. Raimi stated that hes working on the script right now with his brother, they are starting by determining what Peter Parker's journey is as a human being. What deficits does he have, where he was at, and what he still has to learn. How will his relationship with the woman that he loves evole from this point? And what are their new obstacles? Will it come from outside forces or will it be something from within that destroys their love? That are the questions they are considering at this point. They will try and find the villian that best represents those conflicts. And Raimi said that he may be a backwards way to choose a villian, but thats why he can't say yet about this being the final film or not. Raimi said he would love to make more, but Amy Pascal (who is his boss), says she wants them to have a sense of completion to it, for the audience. She feels thats what the audience wants and they don't want a Spider-Man 4. Pascal wants to make it complete and final without setting up new things at the end like in the 2nd one.

Spider-Man 3 should begin shooting in January 2006. Raimi says he knows it sounds like along way away, but not for him. They are brining in some really good writers such as Alvin Sergeant. And Michal Chabon if they can get him. Its already offical that Spider-Man 2 will be getting a special edition DVD later which will be a Spider-Man 2.5 DVD.

Sam Raimi then says something about Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash: "In variety, they said they were making it was very unusual. I don't know much about their plans, but we'd rather not do that right now...As fun as that sounded, I think they are two different worlds. Evil Dead and Freddy and Jason; maybe at another time that would be a better combination."

[b][color=white]Christopher Reeve dead.[/color]

[/b]Christopher Reeve who was best known as his role as Clark Kent AKA Superman in the Superman movies. Nine years ago he had a near-fatal horse riding accident, which paralyzed him from the neck down. Reeve fell into a como on Saturday after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home. He died on Sunday of heart failure he was 52.

[b][color=white]NBC making a sequel to 10.5[/color]

[/b]10.5 was a mini-series that aired on NBC last may. It scored big ratings among young adults. It was even the top-rated movie among young adults on any network in 2 years. NBC is hoping to get a draft of the script for the sequel by Thanksgiving. NBC will then decide to greenlight it or not. Beau Bridges, Kim Delaney and Dule Hill starred in the orginal mini-series. The sequel will pick up where the orginal left off: Parts of California have drifted off into the Pacific Ocean, leaving millions dead or devasted by the destruction. But while shaken survivors might have assumed the worst was over, it turns out the Big One was just the beginning.

[b][color=white]Bruce Feirstein wrting A-Team[/color]

[/b]Bruce Feirstein, James Bond screenwriter, is adapting the 1980's TV series 'The A-Team for the big screen. Stephen J. Cannel who created the show will produce the movie with Spike Seldin. The series ran for 83-87 and starred Mr. T, Georege Peppar, Dick Benedict and Face. It is said that Mr. T will likely have a cameo. Feirstein prviously wrote the screenplays for Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough. [/size]