Voyage in Time (Tempo di viaggio) Reviews

½ July 1, 2014
Very good documentary that follows legendary Russian Filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky as he's preparing to film his 1983 film Nostalghia. Here we get a stunning portrait of the man that has carved a niche for himself in the history of cinema, and the content presented here is sure to delight diehard fans of the director's work. Voyage in Time is a highly entertaining documentary that is a must see for the sheer knowledge of how Tarkovsky prepared to make his 1983 film. Brilliantly shot with terrific behind the scenes footage, Voyage in Time is a stunning documentary on film that is worth investing in if you love Andrei Tarkovsky's work. Nostalghia was a fine picture, and it's interesting to see how Tarkovsky prepared to make the film. In terms of a documentary, this one really goes deep into its subject, and since it's directed by Tarkovsky himself, it's no wonder why the film is so engaging. I really enjoy documentaries and they really are an entertaining genre of film, and this film ranks up there as a very memorable piece of film well worth your time if you love great cinema. The film is truly something to behold for the true film enthusiast and we get a look into the director's insight in filmmaking, which is truly entertaining and highly memorable. I love fine films, and I have to say that viewing his work was a real treat, and I highly recommend Andrei Tarkovsky's films to any film fan wanting something truly memorable to watch, and this documentary will give you a look in how he planned his 1983 film and it gives a terrific look behind the scenes.
½ July 22, 2007
This documentary might be interesting for film students and/or big Tarkovsky fans. Otherwise pass.