Ark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ark Reviews

½ September 9, 2008
Really really really bad! The movie started out OK and then was set on fire and thrown into a communal toilet in a whore house! +1/2 a star for being part of a really sweet genre of movies.
½ October 29, 2007
Beautiful 3-D universe and interesting characters. Only disappointment I had with this animation is that it neglected to show subtitles for the hearing inpaired (me). Since this animation has lots talking going on, the lip-reading isn't easy. Doesn't take away from the incrediable life like movie.
½ July 24, 2005
I just watched this movie today... I really liked it.. but then I am a CG freak. Go figure? Beautiful work though! :)
October 7, 2010
Ark is another CG anime film, from developer Digital Rim. The plot revolves around 2 civilizations, one warlike and the other peaceful. After centuries of war, the planet is on the brink of destruction. The peaceful race has built a giant robot with a city contained within. The city is starting to fall apart, and only one girl with mysterious powers can let the civilizations escaped the doomed planet by piloting the giant robot. So yeah, the plot is pretty generic. The graphics are stylized, but the graphics are mediocre in comparison with Appleseed and Vexille. The action scenes are boring and make little sense. The only really good parts of the film is the voice acting. Everyone sounds pretty good, and all the voices suit the characters. The villain is laughable, but the morals used by the film are at least respectable. This film can be pretty hard to find, and I wouldn't bother trying to look too hard for it. There's just so much better out there that you can afford to skip it.

OVERALL: 6.0/10
November 22, 2009
Fantastic and original sci-fi CGI anime. Really great ending!
September 15, 2009
I haven't seen this in awhile! Wish I could find it!
March 29, 2009
I thought it was a great movie. The visuals were stunning and the voice acting was exceptional, especially by our peeps in Vancouver. James Woods....not so much he was kind of the weak link, even though he was the supposed star of the film. Even though the story is somewhat predictable, it's still a very enjoyable movie. i wish Final Fantasy had CG like this.
½ February 27, 2009
mightily impressed with this. Kwak Jae-yong does it again. There are a lot of elements to this that make it probably even better than Wonderful Days, i know thats a big call but i just really thought it had some of the best cinematography in an animated movie that ive seen. storywise Wonderful Days is a bit better, so i'll give it an equal score.
October 18, 2008
I own the movie! :-P
October 12, 2008
People can complain about the animation and the predictable storyline all they want. If you are a fan of science fiction, then you can forgive all that, sit back and enjoy a movie with a serious tone. Just like all sci-fi should be.
October 8, 2008
A great CGI movie. Ranks up there with Final Fantasy VII Advent children or FF Spirit's Within.
½ September 9, 2008
February 24, 2008
really want to see this one
½ December 8, 2007
New animation and great plot
December 3, 2007
it was pretty cool movie! >.<
i hate the ending thouh...
why did she have to die??
November 29, 2007
Walau setting saya sering ketuker dengan Dune, tapi film ini sebenarnya cukup asyik ditonton. Jangan samakan animasi 3D-nya dengan Final Fantasy. Untuk ukuran cerita, termasuk bagus, walau temanya standar memang.
½ October 29, 2007
October 29, 2007
Futiristic people need to escape their doomed planet before it's too late. Actually, not for children under 12, otherwise you risk brain harm.
October 8, 2007
pretty pictures and a predictable storyline can't keep this one entertaining. the highly japanized story arc leaves feminine male heroes rescuing the 'virgin chosen one' destined to save their civilization from an evil sorcerer and years of slavery. the only cliché they forgot to put in the film was yet another gigantic sword in the hands of the hero. the japanize direction of the film even leaves you with a giant robot fight in the end. oh yeah that's original. compared to video games today, this one has average animation.