Slipstream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slipstream Reviews

½ August 23, 2012
This movie reminds me of "In Time" and "Immortals", but in a bad way.
The first also had a mind-blowingly awesome and cool premise/devices, but didn't explore that concept's full potential.
The second just had an excessive amount of slow-motion action sequences.

That being said, I (who mostly watches current Hollywood flicks) found it refreshing to see no actors or actresses I had seen before, which sorta gave the movie's characters more depth as I didn't associate any actor/actress with the kind of role they usually have.

Beyond that, though the movie's storytelling could've been smoother, the main character's gaze more focused, and the ending a bit less predictable and therefore convenient.

Regarding the time travel itself, the suspension of belief required was a little too high. Moving in time AND space? No one around you reacting to your inexplicable clothes change? Physical contact with the device needed but only to a point? The list goes on.
April 11, 2015
Not a reasonably terrible flick, but one that can be enjoyed once. It has quick action but a terrible story.
½ July 19, 2011
I haven't seen this in a while, but I remember it being good! LOL It had a great score by composer Rob Lord and I've been trying to track down for years, but the music has never been released.
½ September 6, 2009
Not only does this DVD feature NO CLOSED CAPTIONS or English subtitles, it doesn't feature the ability to hold an attention span. If it's not the 45-second, needless gunfight spin, it's the lead terrorist 'becoming bored' and encouraging a newly-taken busload of hostages to engage in a sing-along. I haven't turned off a DVD in disgust in years, but this finally beats out "Alone in the Dark" for THE worst DVD I sadly own. What happened, Samwise?