Supernova - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Supernova Reviews

½ January 16, 2014
Very slow and boring, the characters are dull and the action is minimal. Hardly anything goes on and the entire film feels like a waste of time. Forgettable.
½ September 30, 2013
A movie that couldn't decide what it wanted to be. At one point, it's a cheesy slasher flick. At another, it's a low-budget action movie. And yet another, a suspense/thriller with a duplicitous Uncle Sam. Yet, it's supposed to be a disaster flick. Luke Perry does what he does best: play himself, while Tia Carrere...when did she get so old? If they cut it down to about half its running time (it was 2.5 hours!), it would be a decent way to pass the time. I did really enjoy watching cities being destroyed. As it was, I viewed this in 20-30 minute sittings, so I might be biased.
August 1, 2010
wow talk about great balls of fire or brimstone it's more like hell on earth or the end of days plus it's crazy scary that a supernova can do that much damage to the earth and wipe out everything in it's path but for now we only experience low levels of atmospheric disturbances in space that cause cell phone users and everyday tv watching folks hell but that's normal but it's a pain in the ass overall i enjoyed the film and loved the cast
May 26, 2008
wow this sucked. I read the synopsis and thought it might be interesting. But it sucked in the begning, the middle and the end most certianly sucked. I should know better than to watch movies on the Hallmark channel.
½ January 2, 2006
Ponderous disaster movie, nearly three VERY long hours in length and it's not even good. Some decent special effects can not make up for the boring dramatics in the film. What possible reason could they have to justify 3 hours? Half of that could have been cut and that would have improved the film.
December 6, 2014
Piece of crap that seems to never end!!
½ January 16, 2014
½ September 30, 2013
½ September 21, 2012
Worst. Movie. Ever. My boyfriend and I renamed it: Sunpocalypse: A Rape Revenge Story. That should give you a clue...
July 9, 2012
The sun threatens to decimate the earth in a supernova.
September 12, 2007
Really enjoyed this movie. Found it in one of the 5 dollar bins. Happy that I decided to buy it. Pretty well love any disaster movie. This one had decent acting and a good storyline. Good time pasting movie. I think Hallmark movies are great.
December 6, 2011
This week's movie review one for Monday December 5 2011 until Sunday December 11 2011 is Supernova that came out in 2006. This was not a good movie, not great movie but it was ok for 5 bucks. I see that there's other Supernova movies that came out in the past. Luke Perry as Dr. Chris Richardson, from TV series Relic Hunter Tia Carrere as Lisa Delgado , Peter Fonda as Dr. Austin Shepard, Emma Samms as Laurie Stephenson and from Aliens Ronald Pickup as Dr. Malcolm Handey is in this movie. I give this movie two thumbs in the middle. 3 stars.
August 29, 2011
quite interesting 'movie' (payed in once as movie in the TV ) but lacks many things . I think that none could believe for this 'error' at the rend of the movie. for a bit i thought it was shot in UK (right wing cars )
It was also very stupid that the person in the exotic place was watig for the meteorite to drop to them (as ti was like a suicide)
½ October 16, 2010
This movie stars Lance Henriksen, Luke Perry, Peter Fonda and Tia Carrere what more could you want? Well, you might want the film to make up it's mind. This film has 3 main themes going; Government conspiracy, natural disaster (or destruction of the world in this case) and killer thriller. The first two work well together and make up most of the film but for some reason, those involved decided that wasn't enough and added a ridiculous subplot where a killer on death row escapes and comes after the family of the main character. While this might make sense if you were trying to create a sense of urgency for the main character (Christopher Richardson played by Luke Perry) trying to get to his family to save them through the chaos of a world coming to an end but that's not the case. Sure, Mr. Richardson is trying to get to his family, but only because the world is going to end eventually and he'd like to be with them. You don't even get any sense of urgency from him when he learns that everything is going to hell and the populous has gone mad. Nope he's just casually trying to get to them.
While I enjoyed the world getting destroyed (what is it with St. Louis always being targeted) in some great (though low budget) FX extravaganzas, I couldn't help but wish they had made more of an attempt to have Mr. Richardson be more concerned and eratic. Throughout the film, he is absolutely calm and boring short of a single outburst regarding the world ending. I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be the caring father and husband or the non-caring scientist as he seemed to be portrayed as both.
This isn't a bad film and can make for a fun watch just beware that some aspects of the film don't jive and others seem thrown in for absolutely no reason (why was there a killer on death row again?).
If you're looking for a simple natural disaster film with lots of destruction, Supernova delivers just as long as you suspend disbelief ;)
August 1, 2010
½ February 12, 2010
This was an awesome movie and I love Luke perry
½ January 18, 2010
Jesus Christ only American‚??s would think to Set a film in Sydney Australia and shoot it in Johannesburg South Africa, Laughably awful. It wasn‚??t a real supernova because Luke Perry put a + symbol instead of a ‚?? but still manage to get a correct looking answer, maths doesn‚??t work like that kiddies!!
December 19, 2009
The sun threatens to decimate the earth in a supernova.
October 11, 2009
Not bad. But also not really that I was expecting :) Especially the ending and luke perry were hard to stand :P
½ August 16, 2009
i gotta say it was better than some movies of this genre