Hoodwinked - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hoodwinked Reviews

DreamExtractor
April 30, 2011
A funny and okay movie. I didn't love it, and the animation sucked, but this movie was funny and a interesting take on the story.
michael e.
November 26, 2010
the actors all did there part in this film, and the result is pretty entertaining, with an entertaining twist on the story of red riding hood, the reason why i enjoy the film is how each of the stories are linked by the telling of each story told by each character
May 26, 2007
Okay...seriously? I can do animations better than this...this is like It's a Small World, animatronic creepy. And what a shame, too, because the script isn't half bad.
FilmFanatik
April 29, 2007
Family entertainment these days is pretty much a bust. Most of the time the content contained therein is just too soft and too nice to be enjoyable. There's no real tension without more dramatic content, usually involving guns, explosives, etc. Thankfully, Hoodwinked is quite aware of that. If I had kids, this is one I'd definitely sit down and watch with them. It's not difficult to figure out who the culprit of the caper is, but the ride to get there is totally enjoyable. I found some of the *wink-wink* moments at the audience with the music and the characters to be distracting, but mostly forgivable. This is a good solid animated flick for ANYONE to see and I'm not surprised that it's getting a sequel.
3niR
½ June 24, 2010
The story is quite interesting than the traditional one that we have been hearing since childhood. Some part was hilarious. Nice movie. Don't know whether any adult will enjoy this or not but kids will love it for sure.
June 12, 2006
For the first ten minutes I was shocked because of the apparent unreadiness of the animation. Facial expressions, beyond what can be said through the eyes were apparently too much to ask for. I assume this production didn't have that much money. Their idea for a film was actually excellent: take a fairy tale and turn it into a crime thriller, with everyone involved telling their different point of views. And that actually works really well, too. There are so hilarious ideas in this, some catchy tunes and movie quotes too. So overall, it's easy to have fun with this film, only the mediocre animation and sillier parts dampen this fun comedy.
CloudStrife84
April 10, 2007
Amusing twist on the Little Red Riding Hood. It has a lot more attitude than you might expect, and what I first deemed to be a kids movie, turned out to have a surprising amount of adult humor. What drags down my rating though, is the visuals. While I'm sure the creators did the best they could with their meager finances, it's hard to overlook the rough and jerky animation. It looks unignorably amateurish, and having been spoiled with so many beautiful films by Pixar and Dreamworks, it comes off more as stop-motion than CGI. Great voice-acting though and lots of fun characters.
½ July 21, 2010
C-
½ November 9, 2006
Interesting and a fun takle on story-telling. Not super amazing but not so horrible you can't watch it through. Pretty cute little movie.
½ April 8, 2007
Hi-larious. The animation is a bit dull compared to big studio offerings, but the voice cast, witty one liners and bizarre story makes it fun for kiddies or oldies. Yay.
½ February 27, 2007
Hilarious! The singing goat stole the show. "Oh, there's an avalanche a comin' and I do not feel prepared." The voices all matched the characters perfectly.
December 27, 2006
Funny the second time I watched it.
½ November 18, 2006
An endlessly enjoyable and incrediablely hilarious animated comedy. Inventive, orginal and amazingly fun. It's the best animated film I've seen since Shriek.
March 22, 2006
The animation itself leaves something to be desired, but the multi-angle story is a very clever new way to tell old stories. Really funny and smart.
February 22, 2006
great movie i loved it since the beggining of it.
its so hilarious and the voices are great, each
actor represents to the perfection its character
its great how they tell a classic fairy tale in four
different ways and its also great that they made
it as a crime that needs to be investigate it and
solved.
one of the best animation films ever.
December 2, 2011
May 10, 2011
Dear Cory Edwards,
You've managed to gather together a good voice cast, good job. You story is promising but the screenplay needs a lot of work. Your animation sucks. When you add that all together your movie fails to appeal to anyone who has already hit puberty.
Harlequin68
March 1, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "Hoodwinked", Red goes to visit her grandmother, only to find a wolf in Granny's clothes.(Granny is tied up in the closet.) Then, Red tries to rectify the situation with a few martial arts moves. And that's when the lumberjack comes flying through the window...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]Police Chief Grizzly thinks he has an open and shut case but Nicky Flippers overrides him. He interviews the witnesses in order to get to the bottom of this.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]The animated "Hoodwinked" is not quite the "Little Red Riding Hood" meets "Rashomon" film that many people have been demanding for years. Instead, it is a wacky and irreverent take on the popular fairytale that puts the overrated "Shrek" to shame. But despite the nice touches, the movie does not do anything interesting with Red's character and instead of breaking new ground, falls back on cliches for its final act. [/font]
February 22, 2011
It's a witty tale, that's clever, and humorous. Though it does not feel finished, this is a weird, and twisted take on the classic tale that is sure to leave both the kiddies, and the oldies entertained.
February 26, 2008
This is one of my favorite animated movies! It really does keep you laughing the whole time. This is one fairy tale spin off that is very sucessful