The Poseidon Adventure Reviews

½ April 2, 2011
No reason for either remake.
DrLappos
December 5, 2007
Great film..............
½ February 6, 2010
what the heck?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
½ July 16, 2009
It's not bad. The original version is better than the newer remake. Sure the remake has better effects but the acting is better in the first one.
April 15, 2008
Not to be confused with the 1972 original with Gene Hackman. This clunker is so full of B-list actors and actresses that it's no surprise why the ship capsized anyway.
½ December 3, 2007
This movie was just ok for me. The acting was not great and some of the scenes were stretched out too much. Adam Baldwin probaby did the best acting in this movie. The graphics were not that great either. I guess that comes with a low budget movie.
½ August 2, 2007
I thought this was the original poseidon adventure (which I have since found out isn't that much better) and rented it by mistake. It is very slow and way too long. I'm fine with a long, slow movie as long as it is a well written. This one is not. 1
½ April 7, 2007
The ORIGINAL was a classic--this is very weak, and better for a tv movie. Poor remake. Save your money and time
½ January 1, 2007
Some of the death scenes were good, but it looked as if none of the actors and actresses involved put in an effort. This was so predictable as well. First hour was boring.
½ January 8, 2007
Only made it through the first half, I doubt it got much better. Horrible acting, worse music and worst yet was the dialouge.
January 27, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
July 18, 2014
Very interesting and different take on the Poseidon adventure, but not so great
March 25, 2013
Decent, though unnecessary, remake. Better than Titanic. Good technically, but weak script and lacking. Still, a satisfying disaster movie that isn`t meant to be pretty. I like Adam Baldwin.
½ February 5, 2012
On second thoughts, needs more giant shark.
January 23, 2011
One of the best disaster movies i have watched.
May 24, 2009
This movie is awful! It's not worth being 3 hours (plus all the commercials they want to add in the middle when on TV) waiting for the people you know will die to do it. Its situations are very pathetic and stupid, specially when the characters stop to have a chat in the middle of the most dangerous situations, only for having one of them killed. The rescue operation is also very pathetic (30 minutes for getting to the room to see a movie which doesn't say anything, another 40 to get to the helicopter and so on). The terrorist in the survival team, having a mortal accident 5 mts from salvation... it's a really bad movie. If you are planning to see it do yourself a favor and have that time invested in something worth it.
January 31, 2006
Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. It is WAY overlong. Not a scene for scene remake, but a lot is familiar. The characters get a bit of a mixing, the special effects are a bit above average, the acting is fair. I was never bored, to my surprise.