The Poseidon Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Poseidon Adventure Reviews

½ April 2, 2011
No reason for either remake.
DrLappos
December 5, 2007
Great film..............
½ February 6, 2010
what the heck?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
½ July 16, 2009
It's not bad. The original version is better than the newer remake. Sure the remake has better effects but the acting is better in the first one.
April 15, 2008
Not to be confused with the 1972 original with Gene Hackman. This clunker is so full of B-list actors and actresses that it's no surprise why the ship capsized anyway.
½ March 17, 2008
So this movie launched Adam Baldwin's career as an agent. (See Chuck). Too predictable... but still entertaining. It's just the same plot as the others, nothing's changed. Rutger Hauer could've been some real bad guy...but was wasted as a priest.
½ December 3, 2007
This movie was just ok for me. The acting was not great and some of the scenes were stretched out too much. Adam Baldwin probaby did the best acting in this movie. The graphics were not that great either. I guess that comes with a low budget movie.
September 19, 2007
Oh joy, another Poseidon movie.

I should mention that I am a fan of the original Poseidon Adventure, so I was looking forward to this remake. Boy, was I disappointed.

Acting was horrible, story lacked, CG effects were extremely low budget. What bothered me the most was that they changed the story from giant tidal wave to terrorist bomb (that was really annoying).

Horrible film!
½ August 2, 2007
I thought this was the original poseidon adventure (which I have since found out isn't that much better) and rented it by mistake. It is very slow and way too long. I'm fine with a long, slow movie as long as it is a well written. This one is not. 1
½ June 2, 2007
Do yourself a favor - skip this crappy film and rent the original, which at least plays as an unintentional campy comedy.
½ April 7, 2007
The ORIGINAL was a classic--this is very weak, and better for a tv movie. Poor remake. Save your money and time
½ January 1, 2007
Some of the death scenes were good, but it looked as if none of the actors and actresses involved put in an effort. This was so predictable as well. First hour was boring.
½ January 8, 2007
Only made it through the first half, I doubt it got much better. Horrible acting, worse music and worst yet was the dialouge.
January 31, 2006
Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. It is WAY overlong. Not a scene for scene remake, but a lot is familiar. The characters get a bit of a mixing, the special effects are a bit above average, the acting is fair. I was never bored, to my surprise.
January 27, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
July 18, 2014
Very interesting and different take on the Poseidon adventure, but not so great
July 13, 2014
Loved this film since I was a kid. Freaked me out and kept me interested through-out. Still fun.
March 25, 2013
Decent, though unnecessary, remake. Better than Titanic. Good technically, but weak script and lacking. Still, a satisfying disaster movie that isn`t meant to be pretty. I like Adam Baldwin.
August 4, 2013
Ship with terrorists onboard. Very dangerous!
½ July 29, 2012
Crap version luv the original