90% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

My Blue Heaven Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

December 25, 2007
flashy & charming Betty is hard to resist here.
moviegirl50
October 21, 2007
One of Betty Grable's best! She was such a good entertainer. Cute show, you should watch this old classic. And thank you Carrie for getting into the datsbase!!
August 18, 2011
Betty Grable and Dan Dailey were the most popular couple in musicals from 1947 to 1951, and of course, they only made a few films together. But guess what? "My Blue Heaven" is the only one on NF. But guess what else? It's on save queue. I know everyone's probably known this for a while now, but there's a copy on YouTube just uploaded. Just though I'd mention it, because this is just a wonderful film. Here what happens: Molly (Grable) and Jake Moran (Dailey) are a mega-popular radio star couple who have everything-- everyone loves them, they're talented, they're rich, and they have a great relationship. But there's one small problem: they've been married almost ten years and they still haven't had a baby. Finally, Molly gets pregnant, and of course she has a miscarriage from a car wreck. And of course she can't have another baby. So the couple looks to adopt, and all I can say, having Betty and Dan for parents is one lucky thing! "My Blue Heaven" surely isn't a classic, and the songs are definitely forgettable, but there's something about these Technicolor musicals that just put you in the best of mood! Well, all of Grable's films do, and with the few on NF, I can easily say I try to nab everyone I can yet. She's as talented as she is wonderful to watch, and is one of the few stars thats careers wasn't propelled by scandal, but with talent. It's because she was clean, and that makes and made her so appealing. Add Dan Dailey into the mix and it's two forgotten stars that only movie lovers can love. He was third behind Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire of picked dancers, and because they were so awesome, he never was thought of the same way. He too, like Betty, just seem perfect, and therefore make the perfect couple. Not one minute of this film isn't entertaining, and all I can say is because of them. They're great together, and they just happen to be good actors. "My Blue Heaven" isn't great, but go on YouTube for a good watch!