Ballets Russes Reviews

½ October 9, 2007
Fascinating documentary on the world's most famous ballet.
October 23, 2009
a fascinating review of the dance troupe initially formed from russian refugees. their ballets from 1909 thru the 1940's were artistic fusions of scenery, costumes, sets, music, and dance! my personal favorites were those choreographed by leonide massine. this company was the first to introduce the symphony ballets. scores were commissoned from stravinsky, debussy, prokofiev, etc. sets were desinged by miro, picasso, dali, etc. the u.s. tours during wwii introduced ballet to major cities and small towns. the dancers are all very expressive, passionate, and individualistic. hopefully, these vibrant dancers will be able to pass on their genius to a new generation.
March 16, 2010
Oh, I loved it!!!

Brought out my sappy side and made me want to RUN back to ballet class. Beautiful and passionate documentary.
February 16, 2007
These older Russion broads are astonishing and bring to mind the expression "spitfire." They are thoroughly entertaining and the film clips are amazing.
October 4, 2006
This is a wonderful documentary of what happened with the Ballets Russes. I also have been to auditions with one of the dancers as my judge. My ballet teacher was taught by three of the dancers, so this movie means a little more to me. I suggest everyone watch this great movie!
January 5, 2013
Un documental fascinante y encantador que nos descubre el origen del ballet clásico a través de las experiencias, recuerdos y sentimientos de sus verdaderos protagonistas.
Un viaje visual y emocional de lujo para cualquier amante de la belleza y el arte.
½ June 24, 2006