70% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Conversations With God Reviews

Apeneck F

November 26, 2012
This American tale of burgeoning spiritual discovery is meant to be wonderful ... but instead is awkward, stilted and poorly executed (particularly when lingering on the wonderful that's not), thus insuring that I will treat the literature, should I ever run across it, with the same disrespect that this film treated me.
Jose Z

March 2, 2007
A movie emotive that make you think and that will inspire you to change your life and be a better person, it will make you drop a couple of tears. A great adaptation from the book that its based on true facts.
John2223
John2223

January 2, 2010
Good New Age message but cheesy execution.
jam233
July 9, 2010
?God, if you exist, why do you keep letting morons like Walsch get rich??, this is such a perceptive quote from New York Post critic Kyle Smith. The film starts out fairly well, and it means well, but about 50 minutes in, it falls apart with a preachy screenplay and over the top dramatics. The film never convinces, the production is purely amateur and is nothing more than a 109 minute infomercial. The score is particularly poor and the acting, for the most part is acceptable, but the central character needed a stronger actor than Henry Czerny. This is just another monetary notch in Neale Walsch's money belt. It is amazing how well religion can sell.
kmvwic
June 6, 2010
Interestingly a very good friend of mine had given me the book, picked it up, put it down, and just recently watched the dvd. I would recommend every one to watch it, perhaps two or three times, that goes for me as well.
After I see it again, perhaps 2-3 times, I might update my review,, but for now,, It is a watch,,,,
savbygrac
July 16, 2007
A must see movie! It is amazing! You will be suprised at what you have been missing. If you already know diffently see it!!!!
June 21, 2007
A roller coaster of emotions. A touching story of one author's struggles through life and most important, his faith. I would like to pick up this book as they are usually even better than the movie.
formerhealy
June 4, 2007
looks like it was made on a super low budget. somewhat amateurish. slow paced. would not watch again.
nancy1239
March 27, 2007
A very inspiring movie that everyone that questions their own existence should see!! Excellent flick!!
Susan F.
September 20, 2014
The negative reviews are not an accurate reflection of the movie. I think they reflect reluctance to seem sappy by approving of the subject matter. The movie is not corny or self-promotional, as I expected, and Henry Czerny is really very good as Neale Donald Walsch.
December 7, 2012
Heart warming with good intentions. In this day of age of violence and what have you in Movies and tv series, who can complain when a posititive flick comes along. In saying that, there are some cheesy parts to which I nearly stopped the video. Czerny is great as the homeless guy, but as the transformed speaker, he is far too serious and just lacks the charisma and authentic funiness of Walsche in real life. The jokes therefore come across as contrived. Theres also some cringeworthy scenes and script from one of the actresses. However, all in all it's a harmless and positive film.
July 28, 2012
I liked Conversations With God because it featured a man who had problems (just like my dad), and he got his act together finally, found an ad in the paper about a radio spokesperson job, and dialed the number on the payphone and got a job. Later on, they went bankrupt. Great movie!
April 14, 2012
If you're religious, an atheist, or generally not interested in your spiritual side, you'll fall asleep to this movie. If you're spiritual/metaphysical and have a sense of wonder, you will absolutely love it.
March 17, 2011
This authors book and movie should be taught against because He is false. He does not speak the oracles of the God of the Bible. Any Christian thinks this is ok is wrong according to Gods word. In the Word of God He said there would rise up false prophets,and teachers. I dont believe this man truely heard from God. His books make him look stupid but has enough deception in them to lead our youth astray from the real Word of God.
March 12, 2011
Excellent movie, a bit of a break from the norm and probes a look into your own life and behaviour that goes with it
November 25, 2010
you are talking with your self not with God
&

Please do not think you're talking with God
jazza923
July 9, 2010
38/100. "God, if you exist, why do you keep letting morons like Walsch get rich?', this is such a perceptive quote from New York Post critic Kyle Smith. The film starts out fairly well, and it means well, but about 50 minutes in, it falls apart with a preachy screenplay and over the top dramatics. The film never convinces, the production is purely amateur and is nothing more than a 109 minute infomercial. The score is particularly poor and the acting, for the most part is acceptable, but the central character needed a stronger actor than Henry Czerny. This is just another monetary notch in Neale Walsch's money belt. It is amazing how well religion can sell.
douglaspreston
August 16, 2009
I really wanted to like this movie more, as the books by the man whose life this is about are nothing short of life-altering, but it lacked a certain something. Knowing Neale personally, I can tell you Czerny did a brilliant job of capturing his true personality, quirks and all. While interesting if you want to know more about the man behind the CWG series of books, it certainly falls short of captivating.