Slingshot Reviews

January 19, 2008
WoW, this is absolutely terrible

If you wanna know more, ask me
½ July 1, 2007
Not bad, not good - decent performances. Nothing groundbreaking - only for huge fans of one of the actors.
½ December 27, 2011
After looking at my dad and saying "Holy shit, that was terrible" my dad just looked back and said, "Terrible can't even begin to describe it".

Two reviews in one
July 6, 2008
So many movies, so little time.....

[b]Perfect Storm (2000) - 4.3/10[/b]
Director - Wolfgang Petersen
Starring - George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Diane Lane, John C. Reilly, Karen Allen, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, William Fichtner, John Hawkes, Allen Payne.

Story about a group of fisherman caught in the "storm of the century". Nice special effects, but the story is way to formulaic.

[b]Slingshot (2005) - 2.4/10[/b]
Director - Jay Alaimo
Starring - David Arquette, Thora Birch, Balthazar Getty, Julianna Marguiles, Svetlana Metkina.

Preposterous story about conmen. Below average indie fare.

[b]Because I Said So (2007) - 2.4/10[/b]
Director - Michael Lehmann
Starring - Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham, Tom Everett Scorr, Gabriel Macht, Piper Perabo.

Possibly 2007's worst chick flick.

[b]Fay Grim (2007) - 6.0/10[/b]
Director - Hal Hartley
Starring - Parker Posey, Jeff Goldblum, James Urbaniak, Saffron Burrows, Liam Aiken.

Decent yet forgettable thriller.

[b]Bee Movie (2007) - 3.1/10[/b]
Director - Stephen Hickner.
Starring - Jerry Seinfeld

Seinfled's unsuccessful and unfunny foray into animated film.
½ April 13, 2008
The main issue with this film is unlikable characters. If you don't care one way or another about anyon e in the movie, it lowers your interest level. It's not badly made, but it just is not very involving.