The Third Wish Reviews

½ June 4, 2012
This is a really bad movie. There's really not a great deal to recommend it. I guess my main reason for sticking with it was to see Sean Maguire as I remembered him from Grange Hill years ago. Honestly I wish that was still my lasting impression. He comes across like Adrian Mole here.
Well, there's Betty White, gotta like her, but her role is pretty small. The star is for her. The half is for the rest of this mess of a movie.
I don't mean to be horrible, but Jenna Mattison is really pretty freaky to look at. Kind of distracting with huge out of proportion lips. (I hope for her sake they are pumped up and not really her own). I'm sure she's a lovely person and she seems sweet enough here, but just fails to convince as does the entire sickly sweet far-fetched story. It is indeed family friendly, as stated here... I guess that's the best you could say about it, but I can't picture tweens and teens today wanting to sit and watch it. Maybe older people who like a made for tv movie. (The copy I watched belongs to my mother and she seemed to like it well enough). Lame more than anything else.
December 22, 2013
Gave it over 30 minutes (wasted time) just because Betty White and Armand Assante were in it. The script falls flat, The story moves so slow and so full of cliches' and Mattison seems to rely on her laugh and quirky mannerisms to hold the movie up but is not nearly enough. This is why so many writers don't get their books made into movies..."one bad apple" and all.