Ghosts of Abu Ghraib - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghosts of Abu Ghraib Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ August 17, 2012
This is a stellar documentary about the infamous Abu Ghraib Prisoner abuse scandal. With interviews done with the people who where there, witnessed the events and participating in the extreme interrogation techniques used by the military in Iraq, this is a chilling portrait into the ordeal. Brilliantly directed, this documentary goes deep into bringing these interrogation techniques to light. We get to see soldiers tell their story at how they were once trying to serve their country to being told that these interrogation techniques which were no more than humiliating the prisoners to get information. In doing that they got dishonorably discharged from the military, created one of the most infamous Scandals involving the U.S military and made the situation in Iraq much more fragile. I have no sympathy for the soldiers who committed the acts, and disgraced the military. The film is definitely worth seeing this is a compelling story behind what happened at the prison. The film is shocking but is also a must see. I really liked the film, thought it was insightful, but also very hard to watch due to the nature of the scandal. Rory Kennedy does a great job here, and I thought it was a very well made documentary. The film does ask important questions, and it shows how some politicians are crooked in their means of treating prisoners of war.
May 5, 2007
This documentary was gut wrenching. A MUST see. I was touched and saddend by this film. If you ever watch any film make it be this one.
½ November 17, 2007
Sjokkerende og noeyansert om ignorante mennesker som er offere i et stoerre militaerpolitisk prosjekt.
November 4, 2011
Fascinating. Tying the incidents at Abu Ghraib to the Milgram experiment puts the situation into context.
November 21, 2007
8.5/10... Review coming soon.