The Last Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Run Reviews

April 11, 2009
Urgh. Shudder. After spending the best part of two thirds of its running time objectifying women, in the most horribly misogynistic way possible ("half these girls are dumb cunts"), The Last Run tries to redeem itself by showing Steven Goodson (an icky Fred Savage) the error of his ways. Well, I'm not buying it. With the original American Pie films, however juvenile they may have been in execution and in terms of dialogue, they succeeded by presenting mostly likeable characters coming to terms with sexuality and being mature about their relationships. By contrast, The Last Run is populated almost exclusively by repugnant men and airheaded sex-mad women (flouncy, "not-that-hot" Amelia accepted). Lead character Steven is utterly repulsive, best friend Jack behaves out of character whenever it suits the narrative. Amy Adams, the only actor to hint at breaking free from the DOA script, has hopefully escaped the curse of ever having to appear in dreck like this again. I need a shower.
½ February 22, 2009
Savage is back in an average movie. He gets the bad news of his girlfriend cheating on him, which he should have already known. Maybe his that clueless. Any way he takes his boys advice to the max. Its not that bad but most guys will just feel disgusted by this movie. I say there are some guys out their that are just like him.
February 8, 2012
Guy gets dumped by his gourgeous GF, his buddies convince him to go out with lots of women. A decent, if somewhat unoriginal premise. However, the guy spins out of control, becomes extremely unpleasant, and we also learn his best friend is not very pleasant either. Since the movie concerns mainly these two characters, you might guess the movie is somewhat unpleasant, and you'd be right - but warrants a few points due to an overall interesting message.
February 23, 2011
It is hard for me to say I liked this. I was interested to see Fred Savage in another post-Wonder Years role. This movie is disturbing on many levels, not unlike American Psycho, but with a slightly clearer and much quicker descent into depravity. Savage is usually such a likable character, watching him go from good to very bad had me pretty engaged.
February 2, 2011
the last run is a film mainly about sex. basically this guy who has a beautifully girlfriend finds out she is cheating on him. so he goes on a run to see how many woman he can sleep with until he gets over her. eventually he becomes a sexaholic and things start to turn really really bad. there is a lot of sex and boobs which some people will like but i felt it was a bit over the top. he soon finds true love but by that time he is a sexaholic. can he give up sex with prostututes and random women in order to be with the girl he "loves"? and yes the main character s fred savage...from the wonder years.
½ March 20, 2009
Yeah I don't really understand how anyone could like this. Everyone is unlikeable. It lacks any kind of humor.
September 23, 2008
Good to see Fred Savage from The Wonder Years again. Had forgotten about him.
½ January 7, 2008
Fair comedy, Fred Savage tries very hard in the role and gives an appealing performance, but the film lacks spark. The writing is sporatically good, but never quite hits the right note.