The Last Time Reviews

February 6, 2008
This was a good movie, I really didn't see the twist coming at all. The cast were all great and it was nice to see Brendon Fraser out of his lame action rut.
August 28, 2007
This was a surprisingly good movie. Its a good drama with a little bit of black and satirical comedy. It has a solid and convncing plot, the story about Jamie, a supposedly happy guy who arrives to NY with his fiancee Balisa to work as a salesman where he meets Ted, another some kind of bitter and unfriendly co-worker salesman that is teaching him the way the business is suposed to be. When Ted falls in love of Belisa, the lives of all three begin to change. It is full of twists and although it begins a little slow,it gets a very good rythm around its second half with and unexpected ending. Michael Caleo did a really good job directing his very first film and also by writting the script. The cast is very good and the acting was decent overall. Michael Keaton was excellent, giving his best performance in a very very long time, Brendan Fraser is also very good, he has some very funny moments, he isn't a young actor anymore but he has been evolving in his acting, Amber Valetta a young and beautiful actress, her role was important for the story. In conclusion, its a trhilling, entertaining and enjoyable film that will keep you on the edge of your seat. A movie that makes you see how life can change in just a second.
July 31, 2008
This was a good adult situations movie. Showing severe consequences when dealing with relationships and crossing lines. The ending was surprising but ended very weakly...See this for the experience...
½ September 26, 2007
So-so.
February 21, 2009
Tries to be clever at the end but it only serves to make it look more stupid.
EnigmaticHallucination
½ July 17, 2009
This is an...odd movie to say the least. Didn't exactly expect certain plot devices. You got the sweet innocent good boy (Brendan) new to a company all full of exuberance and idealism. You got the old hand (Michael) who just right from the start is designed to make you not like him. He is abrasive and just a real piece of work but he is the tops sales person and why people put up with him. Michael takes Brendan under his wing to teach him how to be a better salesmen and it's not bad enough that Brendan is failing but then Michael starts sleeping with his wife. During the affair Michael starts to soften and become human as Brendan starts spiraling down hill. The twist at the end wasn't exactly expected but then again I wasn't paying the most attention. It was a hard movie to watch due to the way the characters are played. Not exactly missing much if you chose to skip this movie.
½ August 16, 2012
Fraiser is just a little too pld to play Jamie, and just not beliavable, keaton however is pretty good.
½ May 19, 2012
Excellent performance by Keaton, but unfortunately it's not enough for it to be a good movie. The story is not convincing at all and perhaps it's trying too hard to be a thriller. Fraser grossly overplaying his role doesn't help, either. Perhaps it would work better as a black comedy, but apparently the director had something else in mind.
May 19, 2012
This has two actors I enjoy (Keaton and Fraser), how could it go wrong? First, it commits the cardinal sin of movies: it is boring. It takes too long to set up, the love triangle wasn't believable for me, and the characters are morally corrupt and unlikable. The story is built around sales of a product that is never really described, making it hard for the viewer to connect with why Jamie can't make any sales. The office banter scenes get old fast. The acting is the only thing keeping this from being a total waste of film.
May 13, 2012
September 10, 2009
I found the actors were good in their roles.
I think it was interesting to see how they played each other.
½ July 11, 2008
Not that bad of a film, though the initial repetroire of Brenden's weak and preppy character, against Keaton's foul mouthed and bitter Ted character seems too unrealistic. The focus of chracter seems to shift rather abruptly from Brenden's Jamie to Keaton's (albeit more interesting) Ted. I'm glad of this because Keaton is quite wonderful in this, giving the character an actual heart that is a believable turn towards good as he falls in love with Ted's fiancee. The twist at the end though seems too fast and thrown together and it just loses the pizazz that a tighter script would have. Still it's nice to see Keaton looking great 20 yrs. post Batman and still doing a good job of acting.
March 27, 2008
Keaton was an arse most of the movie til he fell in love and things started to change. I didn't expect this kind of ending, but it did make me change my opinion of the movie.
October 8, 2007
The best part of the whole movie was how convincing Micheal Keaton is at being a pecker head. Kudos to Keaton for saving me from a wasted 2 hours.
August 13, 2007
This was a suprisingly good movie. I am not a big Keaton fan, but he was enjoyable to watch. I didn't see the end coming at all!!! I always love movies that I can't predict or that have completely unexpected endings. This movie gets rave reviews for the ending and the amazing acting from the whole cast. YAY!!!
September 13, 2007
please say this gets better... I'm about 45 minutes in.. and about to fall asleep.....

oh well, interesting ending, but the rest of the movie was boring.
September 2, 2007
As rude and arrogant as Keaton was in this movie, I kinda liked him. His attitude towards women was right on. Shoulda taken his own advice. Fraser was great. Probably one of his best roles in my opinion. Very shocking. Very suspenseful. A good watch.
May 23, 2007
I actually like this show because it had a surprising ending and Brendan Fraser played his character soo well it was spooky!
½ August 8, 2007
It's "Boiler Room" meets "Unfaithful" in this flick. I actually really enjoyed this movie which included a lot of good actors. Don't stop watchin till the end of this one, it's got a tasty twist....
½ July 15, 2007
this dumbest movie i've ever seen. nothing about it was good. it almost bored me to tears.anyone involved should be publicly executed.