—— The Identical Sep 05

It was ok!
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

January 16, 2011
this movie is obvious and predictable that leaves nothing to the imagination, although the concept is different and it has potential but the script is its failure and is funny in places but not really rememberable or worth the watch for a second time.
Spencer S

September 2, 2010
Oh dear, what a mess. (That's all I can write without become judgmental and catty.)
Alexis N

July 6, 2010
it's a cute little romcom with a few laughs.
Richard C

June 25, 2010
this sucked really bad. F
thmtsang
thmtsang

February 2, 2008
Eva plays Kate who is a real diva, who gets killed on her wedding day. Henry is still not over her a year later. His sister introduces him to a psychic Ashley. Ashley falls for Henry and is haunted by Kate who doesn't want her to date Henry. Funny rom com.
Nicki M

January 29, 2008
Not a movie you would be happy to fork out $15 for at the cinema, but enjoyable as a DVD movie. Could have been a lot funnier in places, but I did like it.
deano
deano

December 19, 2007
Really average zany comedy version of Ghost with Eva Longoria Parker. Less laughs between Longoria and Lake Bell, who's trying to seduce the mean-spirited young woman's fiance.
Gx7
Gx7

February 22, 2008
Oh boy, I was forced to watch this girly flick while I was away. Suprisingly enough it was pretty ok, its not a block-buster nor was it rib-crackling, but.. well.. you know... Its an average, bearable film. What to expect? One scene where youll suddenly find yourself bursting from laugher! Over all, not bad. Coudlve been better, but not bad at all. 3 stars!Jason Biggs becomes a filler in this movie, and Linsay Sloane pretty much caught my attention in here, i wish shed be more active in movies and shows, shes got so much potential, I wish shed do more movies in the future.
boxman
boxman

October 2, 2008
[font=Arial][color=DarkRed]Ghost Town - It seems the genesis for this flick was like someone asked what [i]The Sixth Sense[/i] would be like with jokes (or someone rented [i]Topper[/i] and said, "Why not again?"). The idea of a misanthropic man who sees dead people is elevated by the sheer comic genius of star Ricky Gervais. The famous British comedian is better known across the pond for his dry, sarcastic wit and penchant for awkward, pained comedy, but [i]Ghost Town[/i] is a great mainstream introduction to the comedic chops of this squat Englishman. The film follows a familiar trajectory and even introduces a romance for the man who loathes other people, but Gervais and co-writer/director David Koepp make it worthwhile and endearing. I could watch Gervais and his beaming co-star Tea Leoni crack each other up for hours. The comedic premise is finely explored (there are more than enough scenes of people looking odd at Gervais talking to himself). The movie tilts toward being a supernatural romantic comedy in the second half but manages to stay snappy and character-driven. It's a sweet movie with some nice comic jabs that don't dwell on nastiness. [i]Ghost Town[/i] is a charming and engaging light comedy that might cause a few sniffles in between chuckles. I have a warm place in my heart for this movie.

Nate's Grade: B

Burn After Reading - The Coen brothers tend to follow serious works with silly, and now that they have a heap of Oscars from 2007's [i]No Country for Old Men[/i] audiences can expect extreme silliness. [i]Burn After Reading[/i] is a farce in the best sense of the word; it's a send-up of the spy thriller where morons inhabit every role. The incompetent characters repeatedly act impulsive and the whole movie's tone is cranked to outlandish heights. The score by Carter Burwell is like a continuous thundercloud that underscores the ridiculous and faux ominous atmosphere. The Coens have been accused of ridiculing their characters and being too detached and clinical as screenwriters. I do not believe this for a moment. Anyone who watches [i]Burn After Reading[/i] can tell that the Coens love their characters, especially Brad Pitt's ebullient personal trainer. Pitt is a comic joy and brings fresh life to his fun character, a highly cheerful doofus who can't stay still. Even the funky way Pitt walks is worth a giggle. [i]Burn After Reading[/i] takes some surprising twists and turns and could have been much longer than 96 total minutes. The Coens go to such terrific lengths establishing great oddball characters and great comedic scenarios, and then the whole movie just comes to a close when it feels like it's hitting another gear. Still, [i]Burn After Reading[/i] may be no masterpiece but its yet another unconventional and mostly entertaining comedy from the reliably quirky Coen brothers.

Nate's Grade: B+

Over Her Dead Body - This is abysmal comedy from beginning to end. It peaks in the second minute when Eva Longoria-Parker's shrewish character is killed by a large angelic ice sculpture. It's all down hill from there, my friends. Longoria-Parker stars as a deceased bride who won't let her still-living fiancé (Paul Rudd) find happiness. The bland comedy could have more accurately been retiled, "Cockblock from Beyond the Grave" (it was at one time titled [i]Ghost Bitch[/i]). I have no idea why Rudd is apart of this travesty and seeing him do his trademark smirk and shoulder shrug just made me weep. The comedy is nails-on-the-chalkboard obvious. There is nothing smart, clever, or interesting within any of this movie's 95 minutes. Writer Jeff Lowell ([i]John Tucker Must Die[/i]) felt the need to direct as well because surely there was no one else on this planet that could interpret his artistic vision. Longoria-Parker is powerfully obnoxious and egotistical until her last-minute personal epiphany that others deserve to be happy too. What did Rudd ever see in this ghost bitch?

Nate's Grade: D
[/color][/font]
MissMorganLeee
MissMorganLeee

February 12, 2008
VERY medioker acting...lhalf especially by the lady who played the pshcyic (sp???) and henery....eva was pretty good but everyone else was jsut half and half.
Rachel F

August 14, 2008
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It had it's funny moments, though.
Jose Z

August 7, 2008
What do you get when you mix a romantic comedy with ghosts and psychics, the result a corny movie with a predictable story. Over her dead movie is a movie about Henry (Paul Rudd), a devastated groom because his fiancêe dies on their wedding day. Reluctantly agrees to consult a psychic named Ashley at the urging of his sister Chloe. Despite his skepticism over her psychic abilities, Henry finds himself falling hard for Ashley, and vice versa. But there is a big snag. Ashley is being haunted by Kate's ghost, who considers it her heavenly duty to break up Henry and Ashley's fledgling romance, if it is the last thing she does on this earthly plane. The film is the typical chick flick, except for one or two funny moments, the movie is kinda dull. The cast is good.Eva Longoria makes a good performance, Jason Biggs was funny convincing enough as a guy pretending to be gay. Paul Rudd was a little weak and flat, and Lake Bell looks cute but her acting wasn't strong enough. In conclusion, I think that if you want to see this movie, you'll better wait for it until its released on DVD.
Leigh R

May 15, 2008
Fantastically funny.
Jani H

June 29, 2008
There's this basic romantic comedy formula we all now well with a little spice of "Ghost". It's entertaining and isn't that pretty much what it's all about? Does it bring something new to the genre? No.

There's a lot of cliches, like in the ending, which really let me down. But the actors are doing a good job, especially Paul Rudd and Lindsay Sloane (her I liked very much). Eva Longoria acts in the same way as in "Desperate Housewives" but I'm a fan of the show so that doesn't bother me at all.

Recommended for a date movie but just a reminder, there are better ones available...
Luke B

June 14, 2008
There's only one romantic comedy about death that matters and that is Chances Are. OHDB is just another romantic comedy with the gay best friend, funny misunderstandings etc. Luckily Paul Rudds genuinely hilarious nature add a few sparks and Lake Bell plays her part well. Biggs is also a very natural performer. The film however relies on formulaic cliches, half the films moments can be seen in Friends or any number of sitcoms. If you like this kind of thing you'll love it.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 5, 2008
Adorable!!!! Eva is so hillarious!!!
Dean L

May 28, 2008
I have always enjoyed Paul Rudd's wit. Why he signed on for this cr@pfest I have no idea.
It is no spoiler to note that Eva Longoria plays the anal shrew of a fiance that annoys the life out of you even as the life is taken from her. Her character really has no redeeming qualities and why Rudd's character was to marry her we are left to imagine.
Lake Bell plays the psychic that joins forces with those who care for Rudd in order to lift his 'spirits' and trying to get him to "move on."
Now, there is love in the air (and for good reason as Bell is a beauty, full of life and passion).
Problem is that Longoria does not wish to see her man happy with another woman and looks to thwart this budding romance by bugging the hell out of Bell...and the audience.
Will hilarity ensue?
No...it will not.
This movie is truly annoying. Not just bad, but annoying. I am ashamed that I sat through the whole thing.
It had a shot at being a cute, romantic comedy with a message (which it, of course attempts to impart upon ending), but it comes off bedraggled and grating.
Watch this if you are a die hard Stephen Root or Paul Rudd fan and if not...run away fast.