Her Best Move Reviews

½ January 31, 2009
I really enjoyed this movie about a girl trying to decide what she wants to do with her life insted of just doing what he dad wants her to do. I thought the acting was pretty good. Not a movie for everybody, but I really enjoyed it.
August 19, 2008
Sara (Leah Pipes, Pixel Perfect) is a 15 year-old soccer phenomenon staring down an opportunity to try out for the U.S. National Team. Caught between what her domineering coach father (Scott Patterson, Gilmore Girls) wants for her future, and her newfound desire to actually enjoy being a love-struck, relaxed teenager, Sara has to find her priorities in life quickly before important decisions are made for her. Pipes reads the role with such a true feeling of swirling self-conscious butterflies that "Moves" comes off as a teenager documentary at certain pivotal moments. Pipes is terrific at demonstrating the dangerous push and pull of parental expectation vs. the desires of the newly engorged teen heart. Lalaine, best known as Duff's best friend on "Lizzie McGuire" should attract tween fans, while Patterson, who seems to be perfecting his wildly unlikable, but totally lovable "Gilmore Girls" persona here, will bring in the older teens. The humor here is a kind, gentle, type, with no juvenile gross-outs or self-aware pop culture references. Fortunately, the movie really shines when it makes with the soccer action. Sara and all the other girls have a seemingly endless supply of cool moves to make during the game. See them sneak the ball around opponents, fake out goalies, and do this thing where they do a 360 degree spin around the ball while running with it. Her Best Move deserves credit for chasing the elusive teen girl market, and for largely succeeding in its efforts.
August 14, 2011
Entertaining for the most part, a disapointing performance by Leah Pipes, and a decently-strong plot. Leah Pipes' acting wasn't the only thing that was bad about this movie. I enjoyed this movie, don't get me wrong, it was good, but it was slow-moving, and kept me wondering, "When is something going to happen?" for the first twenty minutes.
July 5, 2011
You really have to be "in it to win it".
June 22, 2010
I really wanted to see Leah Pipes in more movies. Her acting is just natural. Her Best Move came out a great film and that's because of Pipes' thumbs up performance. The film revolves around the sport soccer which had great balance in the storyline. It didn't focus on just the sport but it has a lot of angles that made the film good. 6/10.
August 16, 2008
In the RT database twice. Leah Pipes very pleasant performance is a big plus for the movie. The film has a good story but I did find it a little predictable. It means well.