—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The 11th Hour Reviews

Wildaly M

September 2, 2007
Informative. Loved the cinematography.
thmtsang
thmtsang

August 6, 2007
This movie is a documentary of the change in our world and the consequences of the industrial revolution on our environment. There are detailed accounts from experts in the field. It is also narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio, who brings the 11th hour to light. It's not too late to change our ways to save the environment.
gor41
gor41

May 26, 2008
Interesting plea for action to combat a global catastrophe, with a range of talking heads and fronted by DiCaprio. It is less manipulative than 'An Inconvenient Truth' and more philosophical but the interesting graphics are spoiled by being shown too quickly to take in all the information.
Chihoe H

July 25, 2008
In all honesty, this DiCaprio-narrated documentary is repetitive and less data-driven than "An Inconvenient Truth". It uses the reliable 'scare tactic' of presenting rough cuts of horrifying catastrophic images/videos, cautionary narrations from experts to persuade the audience. However, "The 11th Hour" is better at giving a broader picture, covering ecology, political agendas and social roles and responsibilities, than focusing largely on climate change. It offers personal and corporate contributions for mitigation, supporting it with real-life technological examples. Also, to its credit, some interviews from the experts will resonate with any viewer with minimal sense of science and the environment, and were inspiring (to the point of fooling me that each scene is that very inspirational closing statement). Such VIP-fronted docs give a larger spotlight to such an urgent issue, and for this I applaud them.
William G

September 15, 2007
Important in subject matter yet woefully ineffective in presentation.
Mike T

June 15, 2007
This is definitely one of the more compelling documentaries I've seen. Unlike Al Gore's over-acclaimed global warming scare, this film is involving and hopeful. The movie's study of mankind's relation to nature is intriguing, and there is plenty here that everyone can learn from. As a huge fan and admirer of Leonardo DiCaprio, I respect his involvement in this picture 100%. Very good stuff.
Sarah P

May 15, 2008
I see a lot of people complaining about "the constant barrage of information" from scientists that "goes over my head" in this film. I, on the other hand, believe what we need is a constant barage of information to combat the constant barrage of propaganda inflicted on us by corrupt officials as well as corporations that care about only one thing: money. I guess they don't seem to realize that they and their children (and on and on) live here too... This is eye opening just as is "An Inconvenient Truth".
shannylee38
shannylee38

August 28, 2007
This documentary is more than just about the climate change (for example AN INCONVIENT TRUTH), it also involves the humanity in every sense of the word. It projects how humans and any living and organic things are cooperating in this world, and how our actions affect the environment.
It's quite an interesting film, although i would say that not everyone will like it because sometimes the explanations get a little too complicated. But it always depends on your level of knowledge of the subject matter.
Haley A

July 19, 2007
Very interesting and very well made. I actually liked this more than "An Inconvenient Truth", because I didn't feel like I was being lectured the whole time. It's more informative as to what has happened to the Earth and about what we can do to help stop Global Warming. Oh, and hearing Leonardo DiCaprio's voice for an hour is much more soothing than Al Gore's. Definently worth a look!
Jay R

April 12, 2008
insightful... deff a good look at what we are doing to our world... i recommend to anyone...
Lee K

April 9, 2008
Although highly imformative i found this movie extremly dull. It didnt have the charisma behind such as an inconvenient truth did. I still think nonetheless that this movie should be shown on normal tv free of charge to the whole world.
Nate H

November 6, 2007
Talking Heads: The Movie
August 1, 2010
The 11th Hour is a montage of interviews and images about the use of fossil fuels and our impact on the environment. It offers solutions and alternatives.

It seems like some of the people got more of the spotlight than others. Did these companies contribute more money to the making of this movie? Or are they really making the world that much more betterer.
M9z8759483
June 24, 2010
terrible boring film oh wow it was lame very boring dont even bother with this stupid enviromental film the film had very boring parts such as the enviroment just awful it had made me fall asleep just awful and very lame I mean leonardo dicaprio tried but it was just stupid and very boring and very slow I dont recommend this peice of crap film do not see this film under any circumstances
pfratianni
May 7, 2009
I just finished watching the 11 Hour last night and my impressions were that the wide host of interviewees not only appropriate touched on all the necessary points but that they were amazingly articulate and interesting as well. The Documentary also has some fantastic but often horrific images. These really hit home what those being interviewed had to say.

After a while it got a little doom and gloom and I was wondering when they were going to get to the solutions providing a glimmer of hope. Not only did they do this but they gave more time to it than many documentaries on the subject which all to often only lightly touch upon the subject in the last few minutes. That is my biggest problem with the Inconvenient Truth. The 11th Hour also has a whole bonus section entirely devoted to solutions which I thought incredibly wise and will probably have a much greater effect because of it.

Though I am thankful Dicaprio produced this timely film unfortunately I think he was the weakest link in it. I felt either a different narrator or none at all would have been best. Overall still it is a must see in my book and I am thankful we have yet another wonderful environmental documentary out there.
iamthethinman
July 17, 2008
This was 2/3 bad documentary and 1/3 good. It was way too heavy handed to start but with very good info and composure at the last 3rd. It didn't seem accessible for people knowledgeable or not already behind the movement. And it was too drawn-out and overly dramatic for people who are familiar and support it. At least it had Leo to expose the issue to new people.
armybratgeo
August 12, 2007
great, great, great documentary. Total eye opener. So sad to see just how we got here and as of lately just how fast. I wish more people would do their part. believe it or not just by recycling everything that possible we all can make a difference already. What would have made the Movie more perfect is if they would have dedicated the last 15-20 min's to let sonsumer average Joe what he can do...but it was really good.
August 4, 2007
A pretty straight forward documentary on global warming. Following in the footsteps of "An Inconvenient Truth," this also hits on a lot of the same points. The 11th Hour however, doesn't seemed to be as organized and easy to follow as Gore's documentary. It's an endless parade of scientist talking a bit over my head. The message is great, but the presentation needs work. It's also produced and narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio, but he manages to missing for a majority of the film. "If you only have time for one global warming documentary...I'd make it "An Inconvenient Truth.