Labor Pains

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Labor Pains Reviews

Nicki M

November 7, 2009
Surprisingly, this was not as bad as you might think. Lindsay Lohan, despite what she may be like in her personal life, is a fairly likeable actress, and she does light comedy well.
This is just a fun little movie, nothing that will blow your mind, but good to watch at home on the weekend. Funny in places, and really just a sweet movie.
I disliked the ending, but I must be going a bit soft in my old age, because I didn't feel like vomiting like I normally do when I see that particular ending in a movie. Inoffensive and light.
3niR
3niR

June 6, 2010
This wasn't funny. It was watchable.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

February 19, 2010
this was surprisingly very amusing, im a bit shocked how it didnt try at the cinema especailly as this is quite entertainging compared to other utterly rubbish movies that come out into cinema!
very amusing a nice litttle sotrylinne which is worth a watch i think !!
Luke B

September 15, 2009
It's not throat slashingly bad, but it does miss an oportunity for good comedy. The scenario is there, the talent is there, but nothing is ever THAT funny. Amusing? Maybe, it wont wipe a smile off your face, but probably wont put one there either. Lohan is great, and it's a shame her personal life has kept her away from big vehicles. The rest of the cast do there jobs, but it's all too predictable. Probably a good job that this didn't go to cinema's, as it's certainly of (at most) rental quality.
Dannielle A

January 27, 2009
It was actually a very sweet movie... I wish it were more moral but of course it's Lindsay Lohan... so what do you expect? It was enjoyable, humorous, and cute. I did end up liking the main character because I felt her pain but I just never really got attached to her love interest.
SC007
SC007

September 20, 2009
Skip it. The film is like a bad comedy sitcom episode. I can understand why the film didn't get a theatrical release.
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 15, 2010
This movie makes you think that Lindsay Lohan only can play one kind of role in movies. I've seen this kind of acting in Mean Girls and Freaky Friday, nothing out of the ordinary. But I thought the plot was good and there were some clever and funny moments. Overall I thought this was a good movie, not too intense and complicated.
divinetrash
divinetrash

February 11, 2010
For a lazy sunday afernoon, this movie is at least a better option to spend some time than church. A generic ABC Family movie that though you wouldn't say are enjoying, it's not awful enough to change the channel right away.
Laurence C

August 15, 2009
Too cute to be offensive but too limp to be worth remembering, Labor Pains is one more than one occasion a bit demoralizing to watch. Not that the results come across as embarassing, but the project seems to be a source of disinterest for nearly all involved. Lara Shapiro's directing is never less than competent, but it's also as devoid of imagination as can be. There is nothing remotely surprising about the screenplay's development, which keeps the humour at a pretty stupid level and loses considerable steam once the Big 'n Funny Secret comes to light. After that, it's just a matter of getting Guy + Girl together, and we all know how that ends, m'I right?

And finally, for the Lindsay Lohan case... look, we're all aware that her career has taken serious blows over the last couple of years, especially after the flopping of the magically terrible I Know Who Killed Me. If anything, her headlining of Labor Pains isn't a misstep by any means, but that's not to say she brings her all to the role. Frankly, her performance is rather uninteresting and even artificial at times. It is still a bit of a pleasure to see the former teen queen onscreen again instead of on celebrity mugshots Hall of Fames, but I have seen her fare a lot better, especially in comedy. The supporting cast dillydallies between fairly good (Cheryl Hines) and fairly bad (Chris Parnell), but like their tabloid-friendly costar, there's nothing particularly notable about their work here.

This isn't a film worth lamenting about, really. Labor Pains avoids bad taste or syrupy sentimentality, and it even has a couple of swell jokes, but down the line, it is unremarkable to the extreme. Even if it rightfully finds the idea of treating pregnant women like demigods ridiculously funny, it has nothing in stores for those that are looking for another riff on the far superior Junos or Knocked Ups of this world. Everyone's gotten their paychecks now, so let's just forget about this film, mmmkay...?
November 10, 2010
Linsay Lohan and this movie is mehhhh. It was okay, but hardly realistic and hardly funny. Since I was expecting a lot from this movie, it could have clouded my judgment causing me to be overly critical. So, if you like Linsay and you think you will enjoy seeing her in this silliness of faking a pregnancy, then give it a shot.
SHAYLAH2002
July 10, 2010
The lamaze instructor was the funniest character!
Lohan was not very convincing as a mature guardian of her younger sister. I guess its hard to separate her as a person and a character...since she stays in the media so much! LOL
I agree with most everyone...not the best movie, not the worst...
Hamee
June 13, 2010
Lohan is still the most annoying actress that I have come across lately, but this movie manages to be mildly entertaining despite her.
November 19, 2009
This is the new Lindsay Lohan movie, and it went DTDVD. Surprisingly though, this was a sweet, cute, and enjoyable time. Not the best comedy ever, not even the best this summer, but fun and she does well. I will maintain that she always has an air of charm about her, even when spiralling out of control, but her, she's notches above Gerogia Rules and its ilk, and while the movie hits cliched and the ending is far too safe, there are moments that had me laughing a lot, and in a comedy, that's a good thing.
SWEETHOTSUNDAY
October 24, 2009
This movie had about two funny lines in it, the rest was just plain and boring. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
maclanticocean
September 23, 2009
As much as I wanted to hate this movie... as a woman I just couldn't. Do I like Lohan? No. Is she a fantastic actress just getting a blacklisted in Hollywood? No. Her acting in this film however isn't a stretch for any woman struggling with losing a job and using any desperate excuse she can find to keep her job is believable. Its comical. The syrupy sweet predictable ending of the film almost sent me into diabetic shock... but I got a few laughs and really enjoyed the film for the most part. It did keep me laughing and deserves a shot on the films merit not Lohan's acting skills. I recommend it if you want to watch a film as a couple. Or for you single guys... there are lots of barely there clothed scenes of the Lohan if you dig naked skinny chicks.
lovesheba
September 1, 2009
Cute...but single mothers and/or single pregnant women are treated differently than married women. The parties ,compassion and the love is movie fairly tales. If you want to know how single pregnant women are really treated watch 'Juno'.
angel0974
August 24, 2009
Cute movie. In order to keep her job Lindsay Lohan lies about being pregnant. But then it all goes tooo far. Not a great movie but it was ok to watch.
taiintedluhv
August 19, 2009
way better than i thought it was going to be! semi-cute movie, and kind of funny ... the actors were good & Lindsay Lohan wasn't bad herself! =]
luhvpink
August 14, 2009
xandiXlizXmackix
September 14, 2008
Thea is stuck in a dead-end job that she couldn't afford to lose, working as a secretary to a very cranky publisher. But to avoid being fired she'll need to stretch the truth about expecting a baby. Now that she's milking one big lie for everything that's worth, Thea feigns the pregnancy through the help of a pillow. But how long until the lie is uncovered by everyone?

Directed by Lara Shapiro, Labor Pains features very good acting performances from the following cast:
1.) Lindsay Lohan (Thea Clayhill)
2.) Luke Kirby (Nick Steinwald)
3.) Chris Parnell (Jerry Steinwald)
4.) Aaron Yoo (Miles)
5.) Cheryl Hines (Lisa DePardo)

As I was watching Labor Pains, I knew that this was the first (and perhaps the only) film title to deal with a false pregnancy, with others like Juno and Knocked Up dealt this for real. Already done with a troubled personal life in recent years, Lindsay Lohan was doing her best in reviving her star career by starring in this ABC Family original movie, with a number of theatrical roles to come. She's very good in acting in her Thea role. And it's nice to see Ms. Lohan on film again.