15% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Man Who Came Back Reviews

knt240
August 23, 2009
About what you would expect from a cast where only 1 or 2 actors are well known. Looks like it was filmed by 2 film school students in their back yards, with their "Special guest teachers" as actors. A plot that reads like it has promise and falls so badly short. Not worth renting, not worth sharing the rental fee with friends.
April 21, 2009
Braeden is in the main character role and he was really good. A story mired in the anti-black sentiments after the Civil War. Gruesome, gritty, dramatic, scary and stirring.The storyline is worth the time; direction and plot development is a bit long and drawn out. Actual film presentation seem a bit cheap and trite.
March 8, 2013
I stopped watching after the second murder and the rape, not my kind of western.
November 19, 2012
I am watching this video as I write. This is so bad, that I just have to watch it in full. Seriously, this has exceptionally bad acting, poorly written script, cliche' after cliche'. This wouldn't be a "B-movie" in 1949.
ineke s.
February 10, 2010
three words! very bad acting
Ron K.
July 21, 2009
Wow. This is a very bad film. After watching this I feel like I just voted for president: I need a drink and a shower, and a quiet place to collect my thoughts. The dialogue is particularly lousy. It sounds like the director just watched a bunch of Dukes of Hazzard, Dumbo, Sweet Sweet back's Badaassss Song and The Pink Panther and just picked accents from them. The acting is so bad it's not even funny. Roland Emmerich is a Cinema Genius compared to this. There are scenes that seriously look like they could've been lifted off the cutting room floor of "Guiding Light". There was obviously no money spent on period correct, well anything, and the whole thing is just disjointed and painful to sit through. I felt like turning it off after the 2nd or 3rd line of Dialogue. This is coming from a person that has watched "PCU" so many times, I can recite the lines from memory, so I know lousy dialogue. Armand Assante looks like he just got back from a bender at Cannes, and forgot to change into costume.
"Heaven is what you make it" is seriously one of the lines in the film. Here's another jewel:
"Umm your honor? We could just start bustin some heads and fix this real fast"
This from an actor that looks like a bad Adam Sandler impersonator.
Very very bad movie.
jason b.
February 17, 2009
I am confused at how this was actually placed onto the DVD a packaged in such a way that it actually reached me and my roomates. This should have died on the cutting room floor, in fact, it most likely did, but it appears that it was resurrected, and marketed with Billy Zane as the apparent cowboy/fratboy who headlines the film, but is rarely in it.

So my problem with the film was the overacting, silly and predictable story line, and lack of any kind of authenticity. In fact the movie was so silly that the next morning we spent an hour on the internet trying to figure out what had happened. To no avail. If you want a good western, better stick with the standards, this one is a HUGE rotten tomato.
John R.
January 9, 2009
Poor acting. Awful story line.

Undertaker is the only bright spot in the movie.

Go to the dentist instead.
jazza923
December 3, 2008
The movie has a low budget look to it and the story is nothing out of the ordinary. The acting however is good. The cinematography is irritating at times. Lacks professionalism.