Camille Reviews

Movie Monster
May 22, 2011
James Franco plays Silas, a former inmate who has made a deal with his parole officer to be let out unless he marries his chatterbox niece, Camille. Silas agrees to but can not stand the women. Camille and Silas are of to Niagara Falls for their honeymoon. For Camille, its a dream come true. For Silas, its torture. The two are later harmed in an accident. Silas lives but Camille has stop breathing and is slowly decaying. However, she can still walk and talk. Its up to Silas to get her to Niagara Falls before she passes on.

Its amazing what kind of films you can watch instantly on Netflix. This was one of them. It really was quite something. It was a good blend of romance, drama, and dark comedy. "Camille" is a dark romantic dramedy.

James Franco is great like always. Even in films that aren't of the best quality (i.e. "Spider-Man 3", "The Green Hornet"), this man can still shine. He can also make a good southern accent in the film. He was great in the film. I think I would trust him to carry a corpse around the country. Sienna Miller of "G.I. Joe" fame plays Camille. I don't think anyone else could have played the character. She was very good. Miller and Franco are the only big names in the cast. I don't know anyone else. But the supporting was great and knew hot to react with a living corpse walking around.

There really isn't much special effects. There was a weird dream sequence with a weird effect. It was cheesy but fit with the film. The writing was also great!

"Camille" is a unique little indie flick. I wish it got more attention from the public. If you love ghost films or dark romances like "Corpse Bride", seek out "Camille". It is really something. Its a great dark romance.

♫"Faith" was more than just a word.♫
February 12, 2010
A watched Camille a while back, and the only thing that is really sticking out is that the film is incredibly trippy. The humor and charm, while good, really is forgettable. Still, the actual story and style is so delightfully twisted and wacked-out that you cannot really help but like it, at least to some degree.
November 1, 2009
The sneeze on the elevator was priceless and worth the watch of the film. Cheesy, corny, and full of madness. I thought it was pretty good.
April 23, 2012
Nonsensical in a bad way. There was nothing interesting about it.
August 16, 2009
Such a good movie! Definitely odd and a little dark, but that's what made it interesting.
May 6, 2012
Not as interesting as it seems. It has potential, but lost me about 45 mins in. I expected a self-advertised dark comedy to be quite a lot darker. The characters are poorly written and unlikable (some unnecessary like David Carradine's part). Skip it.
½ June 14, 2011
Camille would literally DIE for Silas , turns out, she did, in this great little Wackadoodle of a Dark, Romantic ,Screwball Comedy staring James Franco as Silas & Sienna Miller as Camille.Silas is a Parolee that is "Shot Gunned Wedding"ed into Marrying his Childhood Sweetie who is always Sappy Happy Optimistic & Sweet.Which bugs the heck out of this Nasty Loser who doesn't deserve her.Until, while fleeing the State to Niagra Falls for an Unauthorized Honeymoon(he's on Parole, naughty boy), while riding a Motorcycle, they get in an accident that seems fatal for her, but is it? Is she Fine? Undead? Lots of interesting things happen on this Journey of Discovery(in more way's than one).Shopping Spree's, Pastel Horse's, the Kindness of Cowboy Bob(David Carradine), & suddenly he see's the beauty of her, & life.A fresh & entirely new Twist on a Twisted Romance Movie, with the best Over the Edge Ending since Thelma & Louise.This Film may be too Quirky for everyone, & I am a Quirky Romantic & really loved it.
½ February 18, 2011
At certain points it got predictable and cheesy, but I thought this movie was an entertaining romantic comedy.
½ November 13, 2010
I had no idea what to expect from this movie but for the images I seen during the menu selection. What I saw quickly made me judge this movie as cheezy and made me ask myself, "oh goodness, what did the wife drag me into this time?" But, soon as we started the movie... I was blown away with how interesting it turned out. In my opinion, the movie was very humerous and full of love, passion, and the suspense of wanting to know what was going to happen next. For me, it was a true rollercoaster of emotions and this movie completely threw me for a loop. I had no idea what was going to happen from one minute to the next, and I must say... I was so emotionally attached to the drama going on in this movie that it made it almost unbearable to think of anything bad happening to the characters. This movie was great and I highly recommend it.
August 1, 2010
Camille isn't the "average" romantic comedy, but it is romantic, and it is funny. There is no real catagory, so don't expect the average anything from this movie. Though I can tell you it is predictable, it's the journey that's the fun part, who cares if you know the destination. James Franco and Sienna Miller had extreme chemistry, and both of their acting jobs were great, though Franco's felt out of place on him. (probablly because this isn't his normal role). Overall, the film deserves veiwing, but viewer beware, this is "normal".
½ February 15, 2010
What an adorable and defective couple. Miller and Franco are great together and the supporting cast is great too. The plot is a bit unbelievable, but it is required to get the end result. The horse jumping into Niagara Falls was a beautiful ending for this slightly disjointed and disturbing love affair.
½ August 6, 2009
Offbeat, way too off beat. If it wasn't for James Franco's likable performance, the film would have been a coplete disaster. Dead people still alive, blue horses.....who cares.
September 6, 2008
This was ok,James Franco,although a complete ass in the beginning of the movie winds up being a real sweetheart later on,him and Sienna Miller make a cute couple on the very interesting tale of Camille.
January 27, 2015
This movie starts out as a quirky indie film and ends as a magical fantasy and it did it in such a way that it captured my hear and imagination in one fell swoop and had me crying till the end.
½ December 23, 2014
i loved this movie! it is kind of dorky BUT THIS GIRL WAS SO IN LOVE WITH LIFE AND HER MAN...I think every young girl can relate to her love I COULD WATCH IT OVER AND OVER
November 15, 2014
one of the worst movies I've ever watched, having a love affair with a dead body, doesn't matter how much they loved each other, it was really uncomfortable to watch the movie.
½ June 13, 2014
I was giddy. The blue horse jumps into Niagara. I was laughing my ass off. If this was the intended response, please up your star rating.
November 9, 2013
Cute movie, very campy! quaint with a mystical twist. Off beat comedy, great for a home movie with popcorn. I loved it. You just can't help falling in love with Camille even though she is a bit on the kooky side, and gets way weird as the movie progresses. I loved the horses , and the ending,, so sweet.
½ March 28, 2013
This was hilarious, twisted, and dark.
½ March 15, 2013
Quirky, stupid, romantic; flawed but I can't figure out how to make it much better.