Weather Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Weather Girl Reviews

½ October 23, 2013
Okay for a rental, but pretty predictable. Pretty much no name cast - Jon Cryer is in it for about five minutes. I didn't hate it, but watching it once was enough.
½ May 5, 2010
I actually loved this movie from start to finish. HILARIOUS!
January 16, 2010
I enjoyed this movie!
December 20, 2009
Started off really good, but rolled downhill cliched and predictably. Nice to see 'Sweet Dee' from IASIP though as the co-host.
July 2, 2009
This is one ridiculously cute fluff movie. The plot is simple and funny, the cast is amazing and quirky, and the ending was adorable. And as a bonus - Jane Lynch brings her own special brand of comic genius into the mix.
½ February 27, 2011
unrealistic, not good writing, contrived, bad. But Kaitlin Olson is hilarious!!!! So is Jane Lynch. I wish the movie was about them.
January 21, 2010
The girl half was discombobulated and choppy, but the second half picked up nicely. Another run of the mill rom-com that had its moments. Jane Lynch can really steal the show in a few short minutes.
March 15, 2011
as far as romantic comedies go, 'weather girl' is funny and well-written .. in a world filled with super high glossy rom-coms, it's refreshing to see a lighter indie side of the formula, and i thought in this case things worked out quite well ..
½ March 27, 2013
This is hilarious! 25%?? 39%??? C'mon! That was refreshing, entertaining, and funny. I loved it!
½ August 31, 2012
A solid rom-com with more rom than com.
July 23, 2012
The plot is pretty much non-existent but is not the reason you'll be watching this one in the first place. It's short, cute and feel-good. Handles some real issues without getting too deep. I liked it, and that's all that matters
June 6, 2012
This movie has some rough edges, but I was charmed by the characters and I loved the non-tradition romance.
March 18, 2012
Her brother is an absolute jerkwad.
January 29, 2012
I didn't expect much from this movie. I recognize the leading female character and took a chance in Netflix. Surprisingly it was good. I have seen other movies with well known actors that are just boring and to cliche. The theme is almost predictable but the acting was very realistic and good.
½ January 1, 2012
I thought it was a cute movie with a good cast.
December 25, 2009
Another great little sleeper movie I just watched and I can't believe, I didn't find out about it sooner. I love this quirky indie style film with all these big Hollywood actors. The writing and directing were tight, don't listen to all the other critics on RT or IMDB, this movie is a rare gem. You will recognize a lot of the actors in this film from other things they have worked on. But you have never seen them in something quite like this. I hope Blaine Weaver does more movies, I wish I had another one of his movies to watch right now. Weaver is my new hero and I loved how he used Seattle, finally a movie about love, relationships, work, friends, family, that makes me wish that Hollywood and other indie films were done this well. I love John Waters, Kevin Smith, Hal Hartley, Christopher Guest, and now I have another new writer/director to add to my list. How you could put a bunch of my favorite actors in a film and make it so great is beyond me. Here's props to Tricia, Patrick, Ryan, Harmon, Kaitlin, Cryer, Jane, Blair, Enrico, Marin, Alex, Joe. And everyone else that is new to me in the film, you guys made me love this movie. MOVIE DICK OVER AND OUT
½ February 13, 2011
The first seven minutes of the film contain no laughs, clever writing, or anything we haven't seen in a romantic comedy a thousand times before. To be fair I should have watched the rest of the film, but it seemed like I was wasting everyone's time.
½ January 22, 2011
Tripped onto this one. The dialouge and the small group banter pulled me in and sustained the movie. Some good laughs in there. Acting was at or above par. Some of the choices in plot and story line were puzzling. A little more time thinking through the character's backgrounds and motivations leading to behaviors would have lead to different dialouge and actions, especially the conflict resolution at the end. Byron's last dialogue was a real loser. The screenplay must have been finished late at night and just to git 'er done. Disappointing.
February 27, 2010
When it rains, it pours in the "Weather Girl." The initial scene gets you hooked, only to prove a major letdown on all levels... and it doesn't take long for you to find out. The skinny on this one...sorely predictable, lamely funny, and lousy acting. And don't even get me started on the "so-what..." What a disgrace to hard working weather folks like really "sucks."
½ February 19, 2010