Home

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Home Reviews

September 16, 2009
Yann Arthus-Bertrand is one of the few photographers who knows how to make the best shot... every time! His camera work in this film is unreal. We have very little time to change and the majority is still not aware of that. When 20% of the world's population consumes 80% of it's resources, the world spends 12 times more on military expenditures than on aid to developing countries and 5000 people a day die because of dirty drinking water - it's time to wake up! And this movie is a great tool to create that awareness.
olgakorobova2002
July 21, 2011
Beautiful imagery but it gets very repetitive, there is nothing new here, and Glenn Close's voice gets extremely annoying. unfortunatelly, just another environment documentary, and not a good one at that. feels more like an educational middle school video than a documentary.
March 3, 2014
only 5 rotten reviews? corrupt critics are so slow embrace reality
May 15, 2013
Well, if it is 'eye candy" maybe look beyond the surface and read what is happening. The world is beautiful yet it is slowly deteriorating because of the impact we have. If this documentary were to merely show disaster upon disaster, we would be left with anxiety, fear and a headache.
April 22, 2013
Too long and often cloying. Beautiful visuals of course. The future and past is ours, we own it.
December 2, 2012
I am happy to see any style of documentary produced about the world, Earth, environment, pollution and the world we live in. HOME is beautiful and a perfect reminder to be mindful of ones every moment choices pertaining to purchases of food and all 'things'. Let us be content with less so as to minimise the ecological foot print we make as individuals.
August 12, 2012
This is an amazing film. The only issue I have is that the ending showed hope, ways out of the situation that are clearly bigger than any individual could easily hope to create. It showed what countries have done and are trying to do, cities of solar panels. It essentially ended with a message that said, "Everything will be fine." The message would have remained powerful if we would perhaps been given statistics on how many individuals were cutting meat out of their diets, riding bikes, grassroots organizations that have helped cut down on waste or to have helped stop other's waste. It needed to close on individual change to have lasting effect. The powerful argument presented washed out. It still remains powerful, unforgettable, and packed with information, I just disagree with how the ending should have panned out.
April 28, 2012
The stories are old, nothing new here (I have seen and heard them from thousands of documentaries). But the big news is the imageries. Breathtaking, beautiful, awe-inspiring, a must watch in Hi-Def.
January 7, 2012
I would advise to shut the mouth to all of those, who says this movie over dramatic, less interesting than bla bla bla! NEED TO WATCH MOVIE!
November 26, 2011
Get's a bit preachy, but who cares it's pretty, and it's free.
May 16, 2011
the best documentary on earth!!!!!!!
February 6, 2011
As cool as Blue Planet/ Planet Earth if not better, but snooze on the heavy-handed global citizen message. The only real think I took away from this is that we need to pay more attention to sustainable fishing. If you want to see some amazing scenes of our "home" worth seeing, but I warned you... Lastly, another good example of the 80/20 principle at work.
Rodrigo y.
July 12, 2010
This movie fails at creating interest in the enviorment because it is a constant booming that it is imposible to resist even to the GREEN MOVEMENTS biggest fan.

September 16, 2009
Ottawa Fred
September 8, 2009
Not just one of the best documentaries of 2009. It's one of the best movies of 2009.
Xa0s
August 10, 2009
beautiful do a crap in brain
ken karlson
August 6, 2009
Home is a beautiful movie if you can handle a bit of propaganda. Turn the volume down and put on your favorite CD if you don't want the environmental tongue lashing. I thought Planet earth was shot beautifully and it is, but this is even more stunning shot after shot. Buy it on Blu ray and you will not be disappointed.