Paraiso Travel Reviews

May 9, 2008
Entertaining, mildly funny but extremely overrated travesty about immigration. It tries to be moving without succeeding, displaying little intellectual or emotional complexity. the subject is trite, hackneyed. The characters are caricatures, the direction is too "clean" not a single speck of the so-called realism that I guess they tried to achive, no surprise the director used to make music videos, because every scene is treated with the same shallowness, falseness of that medium.
mvieaddict
½ March 20, 2010
Paraiso Travel showed the struggles Colombian immigrants have to endure as they want to make a living in the United States. The movie portrayed the true reality that people face when they decide to come illegally, which was far from being paradise. The lead character Marlon was lucky enough to find heartwarming people of his own country who took care of him. These Colombian people are like that, they take care of each other. But that's actually another story. The movie showed that this was the land that turned his girlfriend Reina into someone totally different for him. It was a real enjoyable movie. Great performance also by John Leguizamo.
November 5, 2009
Stylishly filmed, the performances are good, the story is nothing special though. The characters are nicely developed. I didn?t always stay interested, it has some slow stretches, but still it?s a decent film.
July 14, 2008
"Paraiso Travel" shows the harsh struggles Colombian immigrants have to endure as they make their way to the United States. As well as conquering the physical elements some face different problems, as in the case of Marlon. A young Colombian whose love is put to the test when he losses his girlfriend in New York City after a small run in with the police. The movie shows us how a small group of immigrants make their way from Colombia to Texas. The story was interesting and makes you realize the struggles of the immigrant. I wasn't a fan of how director Simon Brand uses flashbacks throughout the movie to show us the whole path the immigrants took as they get closer to their destination. The movie gets it's point across by showing you the mental anguish of Marlon, a small fish in a big lake.
Favorite Scene: Marlon mees Milagros.
½ January 1, 2012
For those living in big cities, Paraiso Travel, brings the hard reality of many around us.
November 7, 2011
:D me encanta esta película...
February 21, 2011
A fun ride to a cliche finish.Well acted and sexy.
May 23, 2010