18 Fingers of Death - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

18 Fingers of Death Reviews

½ August 25, 2006
since I cant rate this a 0 * movie, I was forced to give it 1/2.
WORST WORST WORST movie I have ever seen. Five of us in a room, all with varying movie tastes all decided after 20-25 minutes of it, it wasnt worth finishing.
½ October 29, 2009
Pity poor Buford Lee, and pity poor James Lew (who portrays him in this flick), for this film is actually a comedic autobiography. It's a no-holds-barred look at what 30 years of doing everything from modeling kung fu outfits and demonstrating equipment in martial arts magazines to catch-me-if-you-can cameos on tv's KUNG FU to being killed and/or having his butt kicked by stars including the likes of Kurt Russell, Mel Gibson, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Seagal, Norris, Van Damme, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Charlie Sheen, Brandon Lee, and even Sarah Michelle Gellar for God's sake can do to a guy who just wants to be a kung fu movie star. And even when he gets his own feature films he isn't even pictured on the front cover! Talk about lack of respect? Rodney Dangerfield was deified compared to this guy. This is not a parody of the life of Jackie Chan as has been suggested elsewhere, this is a satire of Lew's own life as he approaches his mid-forties and realizes that it ain't gonna get any better than this. He is never gonna be a big movie star--but that's okay. Like Buford he remains indefatigable and cheerfully optimistic in the face of reality.
April 17, 2008
Not as funny as the trailer made it seem, but then again I think it was just the set-up or the directing. IT did have funny moments but then again it had just plain moments.
½ October 10, 2006
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen... course I thought it would be more like Kung-Pow & Kung-fu Hustle. Boy was I wrong. Now one should waste the time watching this movie!
½ February 22, 2010
Flop n'est pas assez puissant!
Exception, habituellement, je ne ferais pas de review sur les films qui je nai pas vu ou terminé mais celui-ci.. exception à la regle!
Affreux, tout simplement MERDIQUE! Moi, JP, jamais je vais arrêter d'écouter un film, même si il est vraiment ennuyant!
18 Fingers of Death fut mon premier et jespere le dernier... et je le dis avec déception... Je ne pouvais pas concevoir que mon frère l'aille arrêter apres 10 minutes lorsqu'il avait tenté de l'écouter seul. 20 minute est le nombre de minute que j'ai pu regarder... Ensuite s'en était assez, même trop!
La seule blague ishh connerie, c'est lorsque 4 ninja arrive pour battre un soit disant méchant, ils se sont introduit comme suit:
LEADER:We're the Five Ninjas, I'm Ninja #1,
NINJA #2:I'm Ninja #2
NINJA #4:I'm Ninja #4
NINJA #5: and I'm Ninja #5!
Badguy: but...Where's Ninja #3?!!!
Total Choas....
(Dsl,si les evenements ne sont pas reelement comme dans le film, mais c'est ce que je me rapelle en gros)
Donc grace à cette parti, ils s'évite un 0/10, mais pas plus de 3/10 lui est attribué!
Un film a oublié, sans aucun doute!
April 14, 2006
Over the last year or two I've watched a half dozen or more parodies of kung fu movies, and this one would rank near the bottom. It's not that it's horrible, it's just not very funny. Particularly humorless was the fart joke segment, which lasted several minutes. Why is it that people who make movies think that something as infantile (and cliche'd) as fart jokes are funny? What, is their target audience 4 year old boys? Good grief.