18 Fingers of Death - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

18 Fingers of Death Reviews

½ August 25, 2006
since I cant rate this a 0 * movie, I was forced to give it 1/2.
WORST WORST WORST movie I have ever seen. Five of us in a room, all with varying movie tastes all decided after 20-25 minutes of it, it wasnt worth finishing.
½ October 29, 2009
Pity poor Buford Lee, and pity poor James Lew (who portrays him in this flick), for this film is actually a comedic autobiography. It's a no-holds-barred look at what 30 years of doing everything from modeling kung fu outfits and demonstrating equipment in martial arts magazines to catch-me-if-you-can cameos on tv's KUNG FU to being killed and/or having his butt kicked by stars including the likes of Kurt Russell, Mel Gibson, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Seagal, Norris, Van Damme, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Charlie Sheen, Brandon Lee, and even Sarah Michelle Gellar for God's sake can do to a guy who just wants to be a kung fu movie star. And even when he gets his own feature films he isn't even pictured on the front cover! Talk about lack of respect? Rodney Dangerfield was deified compared to this guy. This is not a parody of the life of Jackie Chan as has been suggested elsewhere, this is a satire of Lew's own life as he approaches his mid-forties and realizes that it ain't gonna get any better than this. He is never gonna be a big movie star--but that's okay. Like Buford he remains indefatigable and cheerfully optimistic in the face of reality.
April 17, 2008
Not as funny as the trailer made it seem, but then again I think it was just the set-up or the directing. IT did have funny moments but then again it had just plain moments.
December 14, 2007
If had 18 fingers and they were thumbs they would all be pointing down. Had maybe three good lines and it was spent.
½ October 10, 2006
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen... course I thought it would be more like Kung-Pow & Kung-fu Hustle. Boy was I wrong. Now one should waste the time watching this movie!
April 14, 2006
Over the last year or two I've watched a half dozen or more parodies of kung fu movies, and this one would rank near the bottom. It's not that it's horrible, it's just not very funny. Particularly humorless was the fart joke segment, which lasted several minutes. Why is it that people who make movies think that something as infantile (and cliche'd) as fart jokes are funny? What, is their target audience 4 year old boys? Good grief.
½ January 1, 2015
I forget where it was or who it was that recommended this film, but I now want to punch them in their face with my five fingers of death. The film has some good ideas, it's just all so poorly executed and acted that it never ends up being that funny. It is perhaps better than anything the team behind the Movie i.e. Date, Epic, etc. spoof series can come up with but that's not saying much.
½ May 31, 2012
That is a moment in my life I will never get back.
½ April 13, 2011
Don't be fooled by the "Kung Fu Hustle" look of the poster or the participation of cast members like Pat Morita, George Cheung ("Sunset Beach"), or June Kyoto Lu ("MASH," Korean manicurist in "Seinfeld," "Lost"). It plays like it was made for YouTube. There is a little entertainment value in it, but not much.
October 26, 2010
Why did they even make this movie?
½ September 25, 2010
bad, it was edited with windows movie maker
½ September 3, 2010
Couldn't even get past the first 25 minutes
March 27, 2010
Not as much spoofy as action as anticipated. That said, I still have a soft spot for horribly bad comedies. :D
½ February 22, 2010
Flop n'est pas assez puissant!
Exception, habituellement, je ne ferais pas de review sur les films qui je nai pas vu ou terminé mais celui-ci.. exception à la regle!
Affreux, tout simplement MERDIQUE! Moi, JP, jamais je vais arrêter d'écouter un film, même si il est vraiment ennuyant!
18 Fingers of Death fut mon premier et jespere le dernier... et je le dis avec déception... Je ne pouvais pas concevoir que mon frère l'aille arrêter apres 10 minutes lorsqu'il avait tenté de l'écouter seul. 20 minute est le nombre de minute que j'ai pu regarder... Ensuite s'en était assez, même trop!
La seule blague ishh connerie, c'est lorsque 4 ninja arrive pour battre un soit disant méchant, ils se sont introduit comme suit:
LEADER:We're the Five Ninjas, I'm Ninja #1,
NINJA #2:I'm Ninja #2
NINJA #4:I'm Ninja #4
NINJA #5: and I'm Ninja #5!
Badguy: but...Where's Ninja #3?!!!
Total Choas....
(Dsl,si les evenements ne sont pas reelement comme dans le film, mais c'est ce que je me rapelle en gros)
Donc grace à cette parti, ils s'évite un 0/10, mais pas plus de 3/10 lui est attribué!
Un film a oublié, sans aucun doute!
½ October 29, 2009
March 31, 2009
anything with pat morita in it is worth watching long live pat
June 1, 2008
Watched again recently! A very fun film that serves a lot of fan service to any Martial Arts buff! Lots of great references, and hilarious spoofs of many well know western Martial Artists (Steven Seefood had me it stitches!). Surprisingly as the film gets going it actually starts to shift from an all out silly spoof show and gains some real heart! But don't worry the laughs never stop! If you are not a fan of Kung Fu Cinama it may not be for you. Great supporting role from the late great Pat Morita!
February 11, 2009
A slow-paced mockumentary about a fictional martial arts movie star. It achieves its purpose by mocking films about martial arts. However, it will quickly bore viewers who want a faster-paced movie.
½ January 20, 2009
I know its supposed to mock kung foo movies, but seriously. This is down right stupid.