200 Cigarettes Reviews

October 7, 2013
A stupid and misguided comedy that has many funny moments but whose characters are empty and only follow the needs of a lame script - which also has no organic reason to be set in 1981 other than to be packed with 200 songs from back then.
February 21, 2008
This is my New Years movie! Like folks watch A Christmas Story or The Grinch for Christmas.... this is New Years for me!
YodaMasterJedi
February 12, 2009
three stars....
½ August 4, 2007
Misadventures of an interesting set of characters in New York on New Year's Eve. Great 80's atmosphere and music. Fun stuff. I enjoyed it.
½ December 30, 2014
From MTV Films comes the throwback comedy 200 Cigarettes. The film follows several characters on New Year's Eve 1981 as they work their way to a party in the East Village of New York City. Featuring Paul Rudd, Christina Ricci, Courtney Love, Ben Affleck, Dave Chappelle, Kate Hudson, and Jay Mohr, the cast is quite impressive. However, the performances vary, as do the character stories; with a couple of them being rather tedious and boring. Yet, there's some interesting social commentary on relationships and the struggles that young people face. Additionally, the film makes good use of the '80s aesthetic in both the costuming and the soundtrack. Partying like it's 1981, 200 Cigarettes delivers some fun times but has trouble joggling all of its characters and storylines.
½ February 2, 2008
Absolutely brilliant, and funny!!
April 25, 2008
Nothing happens in the movie. It's so blah but kinda funny.
June 7, 2007
Great film with diverse characters and intersecting storylines, and it's hilarious. A classic in my book.
July 28, 2007
Funny ensemble movie, but a "one-time watch"
May 27, 2007
One of the funniest New Years movies! I always watch this every year, just to remind me of how we are all scrambling to get to a party before the midnight rolls in. With an all star cast with a kick ass 80's soundtrack, it all begins with the funny Martha Plimpton that plans a party to which appears no one is going to show and tries to amuse her only guests on why she thinks people hate her. The whacky taxi driver with his life's motto played by Dave Chappelle, giving tactful advice to all his passengers throughout the movie. Then there's the clumsy Kate Hudson paired with the Jay Mohr, the melancholy Paul Rudd with Courtney Love, and many more actors that all bring this hilarious movie to see who will be able to find love before midnight. The ending is classic when Plimpton tired of waiting for people to show, drinks herself into a coma, and misses out on one of the best parties she threw. Its funny and crazy, and I just love this movie! Great to watch during the holidays.
iLeo
½ February 3, 2007
Funny
December 26, 2008
Stellar cast! Every single character was fantastic. Midway through I realized that this movie was on its way to the top of my list. Its starts off as a non-serious movie about New Years eve and all the shenanigans that goes with it. As it goes along you realize that these are seriously real topics/people that some of us have had to deal with. Love, sex, and partying! Favorite character was Guillermo Diaz (well i must confess that I am in love with him). Def recommend this movie to anyone who likes a good smart & smart comedy.
½ December 14, 2008
Too many annoying characters keep this from being THE New Years Eve movie it strives to be. I'll take Get Crazy instead.
½ July 7, 2008
200 Cigarettes had a great tag line. " It's 11:59 on New Year's Eve, do you know where your date is?"This is a exceptionally amusing nineties comedy. It is also one that is on my all time favorites list. The story follows a group of twenty somethings on New Year's Eve in 1981. Anyone that holds the 80s dear to their hearts, will enjoy this film. It's a story about friendship, love, and how all the little things we each go through are connected in some way. This movie cast's a ream of famous faces including both Ben and Casey Affleck, Dave Chappelle, Janeane Garofalo, Gaby Hoffmann, Courtney Love, Christina Ricci, Martha Plimpton, Kate Hudson, and Jay Mohr. 200 Cigarettes includes all the 80s nostalgia we know and love. It is complete with the wacky costumes we somehow called fashion, those muenster filled pick up lines we've all heard dozens of times, a fabulous 80s soundtrack, and a cameo by Elvis Costello. It is certainly an entertaining party movie for all to take pleasure in!
½ April 24, 2008
This was a fun movie. It had hardly anything to do with the title, but it was still enjoyable.

New Years Eve and several people are all interconnected by a common party. How they get there and what happens beforehand is the main plot of this flick.

Very cool idea. What for cameos of famous musicians.
February 20, 2008
Martha Plimpton (remember her from The Goonies?) has the best part in this movie! SO FUNNY! Favorite quote: "I hate you motherfuckers!" while throwing a drink at the movie Love Story on tv. Classic.
½ December 15, 2007
I saw this a while ago, and I remember thinking it was ok...maybe a little disappointing. I think I might need to see a few minutes of it to remember it again.
October 4, 2007
This is a classic example of how putting too many good actors into a movie can make it come out horribly wrong
June 24, 2007
Kick ass ensemble cast. It's a wild assortment of characters thrown together into a fun series of events.
½ June 15, 2007
One of the first movies I have seen to be set on new years eve throughout the entire movie. There were different stories that all led up at the end which was good, and Paul Rudd completeted this piece with his hilarious depression and anger. Everyone wins at the end, and there is a necrophiliac in it.