Three Idiots (2009)
Average Rating: 7/10
Reviews Counted: 6
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 0
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 0
Average Rating: 4.4/5
User Ratings: 20,774
Chetan Bhagat's best-selling novel 5 Point Someone makes the leap to the big screen in this comedy about three engineering students whose friendship stands the test of time. As Farhan (R. Madhavan) and Raju (Sharman Joshi) search the valleys for their missing friend Rancho (Aamir Khan), their memories drift back to the days when they we're all college roommates, and Rancho incurred the wrath of their headstrong dean Viru Sahastrabudhhe (aka Virus) (Boman Irani) by daring to propose radical
Dec 1, 2009 Wide
Apr 26, 2011
Big Pictures - Official Site
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
3 Idiots takes a while to lay out its game plan but pays off emotionally in its second half.
A superstar for more than two decades, Aamir Khan has never been more popular than he is today, in his mid-40s.
Very much a character-driven piece, which not only makes the laughs bigger but also earns a deeper involvement.
A fabulous achievement across the board. A typical Bollywood confection but also social commentary on a dysfunctional engineering school system that pressures huge numbers of students into suicide.
Audience Reviews for Three Idiots
Movies Like Three Idiots
- Raju: I have learnt to stand up on my feet after having broken both my legs.
- Rancho: Learning is not memorizing the exact words from the book. Learning is understanding it and being able to explain it in your own words.
- Raju: Sir, I have learnt to stand up on my feet after having broken both my legs. This attitude has come with great difficulty. No sir, I can't. You may keep your job, and let me keep my attitude.
- Rancho: Pursue excellence, and success will follow, pants down.
- Rancho: These engineers are very smart sir, they didn't invent a machine which can measure the pressure on the brain. If they had, we would have come to know that this was not a suicide but a Murder.
- Rancho: Instruments that record analyze summarize organize debate and explain information which are illustrative non-illustrative hardbound paperback jacketed non-jacketed with forward introduction, table of contents, index that are intended for the enlightenment, understanding enrichment enhancement and education of the human brain through sensory root of vision... Sometimes touch.
Discuss Three Idiots on our Movie forum!