3 Ninjas Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 4, 2012
This is one of those films that the studio put together and really didn't care how the result would turn out on-screen. This has got to be one of the worst family films I've seen in my life. This film doesn't have the nostalgia elements of so many other films. This film fails due to a poorly written script, a very bad cast, and poor directing. The film isn't worth watching, and if you're looking for a memorable and fun entertaining family film, you won't find it here. This is just poor entertainment that doesn't stand out. As far as family films are concerned, there are far better films out there than this one. 3 Ninjas scraps the bottom of the barrel of bad ideas and really isn't anything good. In fact it's awful. This was horrible and it's just not interesting or fun. I've always seen it as a Karate Kid wannabe, but it definitely fails. This is some of the worst filmmaking I've ever seen, and everyone here just makes it worst. 3 Ninjas sucks and is a stupid, pointless uninteresting film that has absolutely nothing going for it. This is just a shame that it was made and it's a poorly done film with no good story. Avoid this film, and watch something better. This is bad and is definitely not worth watching. This film suffers from a lack of original ideas, and you really see that on-screen. A truly awful film, 3 Ninjas is one of the worst family films ever made.
August 17, 2011
Grew up on this movie as well. It will always be a classic to me.
September 6, 2010
My brother made me watch this when he was a kid, it sort of tried to cash in on the whole ninja craze, and it's a cute kids movie for the most part. I didn't think it was that good, but it's not bad either, it's just okay.
½ January 25, 2011
I used to like this when I was younger, but it's just way too hammy for its own good. It's the poor man's Home Alone and Karate Kid combined with far less impressive results. The story is just so terrible and the production value is not even all that decent. Only pre-teens will be tricked into liking this for its violent premise.
cosmo313
½ June 9, 2006
Bland, silly family movie that tries too hard and takes too much from Ninja Turtles and Home ALone to really be a success on it's own. That sounds a little too harsh, but it's basically true. I mean, I liked it when I was a kid, but I saw it a couple of months ago, and I was amazed at how mediocre it is. It's not incredibly bad, but it's close. And no, it's not just because I'm becoming a snob, either. If you don't believe me, then see it for yourself then get back to me.
sanjurosamurai
½ December 2, 2007
really fun for nostalgic purposes, and its effective for its primary audience, but the film fails in the secondary purpose of a kids movie, which is to entertain the parents who have to watch the film 30 times with their kids. its a fun movie, but doesnt hold up at all.
½ August 15, 2009
"3 Ninjas" is one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid. Three boys are trained by their grandfather (Victor Wong III) to become disciplined ninjas who use their skill only when it becomes necessary. They will need it a lot to get past some kidnappers and other ninjas who want to kidnap them. They must try to defend themselves against anyone who stands in their way.
Unlike most fighting movies, "3 Ninjas" has a lot of comedy involved with it. One of the funniest parts is when some kidnappers break into their house. They mix laxative with a drink and offer to give it to one of the kidnappers, and he takes it. On top of that, the fighting scenes are awesome as well. When I saw this movie the first time, I wanted to learn karate. I later signed up at a karate school and took it for about 4 months.

"3 Ninjas" is a great movie and if you don't mind seeing a comedy movie with some fighting in it, I recommend getting this movie. You'll never lose your interest while you're watching it. It's a lot better than the other 3 Ninja movies. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. This was one of my favorite childhood movies and I know I'd still love watching it today, and I plan to buy it in due time.
Chiefilms
February 29, 2008
Take it for what it is, three ballers saving the reputation of their grandpa
puffchunk
October 1, 2007
oh gosh. been a while.
½ September 3, 2007
Good for kids. A very simple watch.
March 20, 2007
This was probably my favorite childhood movie along with Jurassic Park.
August 6, 2007
Cool movie.
zdravkoduck
½ December 1, 2009
Rocky loves Emily ROCKY LOVES eMILY rOCKY LOVES EMILY!
½ February 11, 2010
Every nineties kid should fondly remember Rocky, Colt and Tum Tum. I consider 3 Ninjas to be a classic family film. (First viewing - Childhood)
½ October 19, 2007
(3 1/2 Stars) We're allowed to like movies based on nostalgia, as bad as they are. 3 Ninjas is stupid, incomprehensible, unoriginal and I like it. It doesn't even try to be different than the classics Home Alone, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and The Karate Kid... well, that's not entirely true, I don't think those films had a cartoonish and implausible bad guy named Snyder (Rand Kingsley) who actually says the line "god, I love being a bad guy." If you can imagine the antagonist from The Karate Kid Part 3, Snyder is like that, except WAAAAY more over the top. I guess his hamminess is another reason to watch the film though... bad is always better than boring.

The screenplay is pretty bad and there are a lot of inconceivable moments, but what holds the film up for me is the three stoner/surfer dudes who are ordered to kidnap the kids. They have the best lines of the film and I legitimately laugh whenever they do or say anything (one of my favorite exchanges between them is "Dude, what time does school get out?" "I don't know... I never stayed to the end.") 3 Ninjas is bad and I know it, but I enjoy it because it's so ghastly. My only defense for it is, "shut up."
½ January 24, 2011
Maybe not the greatest cinematic achievement of our times... but that scene with the laxative in the cup of Coke was classic! (That *was* this movie, right?)
½ July 27, 2010
"3 Ninjas" is 90s comedy/action at its finest. Sure there's cliches and corny dialog all over the place, but that's a part of its charm. Enjoy this one for the nostalgia and the laughs. The choreography and fight scenes are really fun, for both kids and adults. You'll have a good time, I promise. "Light up the eyes, boys!" Recommended.
½ July 7, 2010
Always loved this movie. The stunt double with the grandpa is painfully obvious and you get a little sick of hearing "hai-ya" all the time but it's still a good movie. I always had a crush on the oldest brother.
½ February 6, 2010
3 ninjas is it really worth it no it isn't I warn you all not to see it it is a ripoff of teenage mutant ninja turtles the movie
½ July 8, 2008
I think the thing that turned me off to this, was the adolescent violence. Really, though it was funny it the intent that it was made, is really teaching the youth that it is OK to karate chop your way through problems.