45365 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

45365 Reviews

½ July 30, 2010
The film is so detached from its subjects and so transient in its rhythms that it left me feeling indifferent towards its observations of small town life in Ohio.
June 21, 2010
I was lucky enough to have Turner Ross at my screening to shed some insight into this gorgeous view of nine months in the life of Sidney, Ohio. Culminated from over 500 hours of footage and edited with a craftsman's touch, "45365" gives you a rare glimpse into the characteristics of many of the town's residents. The filmmakers, brothers Bill and Turner Ross grew up in this town and even after a lengthy stay away from it, are still given access to the bland and at times very personal moments in this small midwestern town. The film's visuals which range from poorly lit backseats to some of the lovliest images I have seen in a documentary in quite a while. You hear names repeated but the goal here is not a person by person analysis but a in depth portrait of the town as a whole. Their are moments that seem to stray into mockery but they are always matched by the residents genuine emotions and language. An astonishing debut from the Ross brothers.
½ February 19, 2011
it was interesting. It shows how mundane and simple small town Midwestern life can be.
December 22, 2010
I am from Sidney. Despite the fact that I have not lived there in36 years, the movie does not depict, in any way, what I remember, or relate to, of the town. It seems that the worst of the town was portrayed in this film, and all the beauty of it was left out, including the people who actually did do well in life.
½ July 30, 2010
June 21, 2010
December 8, 2009
Would have made more sense to call it "Sidney, Ohio" rather than make people look it up. Can you get more pretentious without becoming a telenovella about southern Californian yuppies?