A Grandpa for Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Grandpa for Christmas Reviews

December 25, 2013
By its title, storyline and brand, you'd be expecting it to be a heartwarming tale. It was indeed heartwarming, as well nicely-performed, and it's a fun, enjoyable time for families. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ December 20, 2007
A Hallmark original movie, so you know it is going to be slathered in about 20 feet of sentimentality. This one does not "disappoint." That said, Ernest Borgnine is awesome as the grandfather trying to win his granddaugher's affection. I also think he is playing younger than he really is (he is 90, while his character is probably about 70), which I find amusing. The movie is moderatly entertaining in itself, but only watch this to see Borgnine.
December 25, 2013

(Full review coming soon)
December 31, 2012
Ernest defines the character unlike Goglia and the story is just not good.
June 18, 2012
it was a terrific movie it really touched me in so many ways
½ September 4, 2011
I Really Enjoyed This Film.
November 22, 2009
This is a wonderful Family Christmas move! This is a movie you have to see. Bert takes his grandaughter that he did not know he had into his home while his daughter was in the hospital. Bert and becca have a lot of fun together and Becca is a wonderful singer. This was a fun movie to watch, I loved Ernest Borgnine and Juliette goglia in this movie. They both were great in this movie.
March 5, 2009
love this it was my life almost ha ha
½ February 27, 2009
Good family Christmas movie! Ernest Borgnine is wonderful!
December 18, 2008
heart felt movie
true forgiveness is powerful
December 7, 2008
no thanks not my thing
October 22, 2008
For a 'made-for-TV' movie it was worth while. I like Ernest Borgnine, even if he is a bit old.
February 26, 2008
An Instant Classic! I expected this flic to be a sappy love story. But when they forgot to poke holes in Grandpa's box, i couldn't stop laughing at his rigor mortis body! hillarious comedy
February 15, 2008
it wuz cute...but there are way better movies out there.
½ December 27, 2007
Absolutely love this movie. Ernest borgnine is a awesome actor as are the rest of the cast.
½ December 20, 2007
December 14, 2007
Another surprisingly good Hallmark Original Christmas movie. Great cast, good story, better editing. Ernest Borgnine's Golden Globe nominated performance as Bert is his best performance in probably more than 20 years... even if you include his role as Dominic in Airwolf.