91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Abraham Lincoln Vs. Zombies Reviews

Willis T

June 9, 2012
An enjoyable ride for a B movie that relishes in its silliness. The lead actor Oberst goes straight through.
July 6, 2014
With few jokes good enough to make this abysmal parody worthwhile, I can't really recommend Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies. If you're looking for some silly Asylum fun, stick to Sharknado or any of the MegaShark films. Those films stay away from being boring by taking themselves a little less seriously.
October 27, 2012
Abraham Lincoln (Bill Oberst Jr.), at a young age, discovered there were zombies in the world, and his mother became one of them. Now, as President of the United States, he hears of a similar outbreak near a fort in the south, and takes a team of soldiers down to try to contain the outbreak. As they take over the fort, they must unite with the Confederates to take down a common foe before the zombies overtake the whole of America.

Once again, the production company Asylum breaks out with another horrible mockubuster (a low-budget remake of a big-named blockbuster). Most horror fans know this company is famous for doing this, so we go into it knowing what to expect - low budget effects, horrible acting, hilariously bad costumes and paper-thin storyline. This film has all that in spades. Yet it was slightly better than other Asylum rip-offs, but not by much. Still an enjoyable film to watch with other people just to make fun of it.
August 7, 2012
As shitty as you'd expect. It has a 10 year old Teddy Roosevelt, a 12 man fighting force during the *CIVIL WAR* against hundred or more zombies, and a Lincoln who instead of never telling a lie keeps a whore alive way past her prime, so to speak. ugh. At least the actor playing Lincoln tried, sorta
July 29, 2012
I'm sure I missed some of the jokes in reference to historical facts/figures; but it was another enjoyably bad movie from The Asylum (who else!?).
July 11, 2012
This Asylum offering was WAAAY better than I ever expected it to be. Oberst's Lincoln was top notch, maybe too good for this particular film. This is actually one of the better low budget zombie movies I've seen lately, although I would have preferred much more gore.
July 5, 2012
Too cheesy for it's own good. I mean, I was expecting it to be silly, but it somehow it managed to still be a huge let down. It almost seemed to try and take itself seriously sometimes.
Yet another movie that left me wondering who the hell gives these people money to make these things?
June 22, 2012
Okay, so the idea of Abraham Lincoln killing vampires is ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous? Abraham Lincoln killing zombies. And what's most ridiculous of all? I actually sat through all of this. While the theater release about vampires is actually very entertaining, this one is just a blatant and pathetic attempt to cash in on the (hopeful) popularity of the bigger, much better film. The acting is terrible, there is no plot, and it completely lacks originality. Skip it and see the vampire flick instead.
June 8, 2012
Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies or Vampires in the same year ? Strange! Funny, but not that good of a zombie movie! Hopefully, the one that is going in theaters will be way better!
April 10, 2014
Abe + Zombies = Perfect
March 2, 2014
This movie just absolutely sucked. The ending was anti-climatic and the acting was just plain boring. Never again will I watch something so outrageously terrible.
November 1, 2013
Not as good as ALVH, but still another good alternate explanation for how Lincoln battled during the Civil War
August 29, 2013
It's actually so horrendous that it ends up being "roll on the floor laughing" funny, and I think that's what the creator wanted people to do, so then, in doing so, he created a comedic masterpiece that's incredibly cheesy, but incredibly hilarious, and even clever.
June 22, 2013
Not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination... but entertaining none the less.
June 9, 2013
Not a complete waste of time as it did have it's entertaining moments with above average performances by actors given a pretty silly script. Though some makeup was very simple and obviously unprofessionally done, the film color really worked and the special effects weren't terrible for such a cheaply made good time.
October 17, 2012
It's ABRAHAM LINCOLN vs zombies.
April 26, 2013
Tremendous flick, I bought it on Bluray after seeing a portion of it on Netflix (which was a limited time thing apparently).
April 24, 2013
watch this movie if you like dead people
Jacob Studebaker
April 23, 2013
What the f*ck did I just watch? Really. What did I just watch. Well, time for a little history lesson (we all gotta learn sometimes.) When a big movie is releases, people wanna make money of off the fame. So instead of making a video game, they make a mock-buster. A good example would be "Transformers" and "Transmorphers." Or "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" and "Hansel and Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft." This one just so happened to be a rip-off of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I feel like this movie was directed from some guy's basement. The effects look like something I'd get from a halloween store or something you'd find on photoshop. But the story is clever the acting is okay, but one scene bugs the hell out of me. At one scene, a guy is running from zombies, but when he steps on train tracks, a train is coming. What does he do? HE RUNS AWAY FROM THE TRAIN BY RUNNING ON THE TRACKS IN FRONT OF THE F*CKING TRAIN!!! This feels like it would've been better if it was in the form of a book.
February 1, 2013
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (Richard Schenkman, 2012)

The lunatics who run The Asylum have done it again, though they mockbustered up a flick this time that pretty much flopped at the box office (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter)--per IMDB's numbers, it grossed $37 million on a $69 million budget. Even Arthur Andersen can't make that one come out smelling like roses. I haven't seen AL:VH, and I'm not likely to, as I am not a big fan of Seth Grahame-Smith's. But after Bill Oberst kindly responded to my defense of his acting in the previous Asylum movie he acted in, A Haunting in Salem, I figured I'd give Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies a go, since Oberst had the lead role in it. And I have a lot of the same things to say about ALv.Z that I had to say about A Haunting in Salem, though the mix is slightly different.

Plot: Honest Abe, played as a child by Run's Brennen Harper, is forced to take up a scythe and help defend the family homestead from an outbreak of the living dead, which among others claims both of his parents. Fast-forward to the Civil War, Abe, now played as an adult by Oberst, is the President, the battle of Gettysburg has just flown by, and he is struggling to come up with some inspirational words to say on the battlefield when dedicating a monument to the turning point of the war. Meanwhile, a covert operation to take and hold a fort just off the Georgia coast has gone horribly wrong, with only one survivor returned, sick and delirious. When Lincoln interviews the man, he knows immediate;y what he's dealing with, and he commands his secretary of state to loan him twelve newly-minted Secret Service agents to travel to Georgia with him and eradicate another outbreak of the living dead. Needless to say, Lincoln and his men not only have to deal with the living dead, but Johnny Reb as well, in the form of Pat Garrett (The Escapist's Christopher Marrone) and Gen. Stonewall Jackson (Coma's Don McGraw) himself, among others...

Simply put: I have never had as much fun with an Asylum mockbuster. Hell, I haven't had as much fun with an Asylum movie of any stripe since Stuart Gordon's King of the Ants a decade ago. Which is not to say it's a great movie-the script, while clever at times (adapted by director Schenkman from a story by Karl T. Hirsch and J. Lauren Proctor, two people who obviously know at least a decent amount about Lincoln, enough to make the revisionist history bits quite amusing), tends to overreach, the romance subplot is jaw-droppingly silly, Schenkman's direction given no indication he's learned anything since his early days directing softcore fluff for the Playboy Channel. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day. The Asylum's long-held tradition of casting actors with few-if-any credits, presumably in order to save money, often leads to whole casts of people who simply can't act, while this time around they caught themselves a net full of certified yellowtail; there are a lot of those one-credit actors who hold their own when up against the much more experienced Oberst, and even the overactors (you can tell every time he's onscreen Don McGraw is gearing up to chew as much scenery as possible) seem to be kept in check pretty well. The revisionist history bits are a hoot (for example, The Odd Life of Timothy Green's Cannon Kuipers pops up as a young Teddy Roosevelt, trapped by the living dead in Savannah but eager to fight, who ends up being one of Lincoln's most valuable assets when the feces hits the fan), the jokes are actually kind of funny now and again. I'm not sure I'd believe myself had I not seen it with my own two eyes, but Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies is stupid fun of a type I thought The Asylum had forgotten how to do a decade ago. It's actually worth checking out. ***