After the Wizard Reviews

½ August 5, 2015
My 8 yr old Niece and I are big fans of anything "Wiz of Oz", we have seen many versions of the movie and read several versions books. After struggling to stay awake, at least I did, and much discussion after it was finally over my Niece agreed that that was the worst crack at making Oz that we have ever seen. We thought "Return to Oz" was strange.... well for the words of a Child this was "WAY STRANGER". If I wanted to be bored out of my skull and listen to people tal and talk, it seems that is all they do, I would have gone to my Grans Knitting Circle. There is very little to NO action in this movie and pretty much the only funny part was when they wanted to adopt all the Lions, adorbs!! Other than that it is up to you to watch. Oh and if you have insomnia or you want to paralyze someone into a coma than this movie is for you. We would've given no stars but Niece wanted to give half a star for Toto's acting. Brightest Blessings.
½ March 2, 2013
This movie is horrible the plot line is inconsistent and the cg is bad even for a low budget film. I.. do not have much to say strictly because it was that bad.
½ August 12, 2012
OH MY GOD this is dreadful! I had to have heard somewhere it was good or interesting... something compelling enough to put it on my "want to see" list, but I can't imagine what. It's just... A mess. Like a really bad Saturday Morning OG Readmore type production... Curse my OCD/Completist heart, or I really have shut it off. Not even enjoyable on a camp level.
January 29, 2013
This scared the crap out of my little sisters. Don't get it for kids.
½ January 2, 2013
This movie was seriously awful! Boring, strange, and completely ridiculous! Acting sucked, writing sucked, and the whole thing was not worth the $1.20 I paid to rent it!
½ December 13, 2012
I rented this thing from Redbox for $1.20 and I felt overcharged. Firstly, if you're going to have a story where someone with someone with an emotional/mental condition is struggling with their grip on reality it would be a good idea to eother handle that subject in a really eerie, atmospheric way, or in a way that is based on actual mental conditions. this movie did neither and failed in both realms. We follow the Scarecrow and Tin Woodsman from Oz across the Us, watching them interact with people . . . so we get the idea they are real, sorta. Then we keep seeing 'Dorothy' interact with them when they haven't even arrived yet. Even the dog loses all continuity. The makeup and effects were cut-rate, the writing and vision unclear and unconvincing. It looked like a 20 minute student film that got out of hand. I fell asleep the first time I tried to watch it. . . . and wished I hadn't gone back to finish it. It was a total Dog . . . and that has nothing to do with Toto.
½ November 13, 2012
Oh my, this has to be the slowest moving film ever made. If you have insomnia, watch this, it will put you right to sleep.
August 22, 2012
If you like the wizard of oz and would like a follow on story this is not for you its about someone who thinks they are dorothy do yourself a favor and save your time and money as this is worse than a cheap knock off film as it has nothing to do with OZ magic and anything else that made the wizard of OZ so loved
½ August 17, 2012
Has to be one of the most uplifting movies I've seen in a LONG time. I get a big smile (ok, I start laughing hysterically) every time I remember the many classic scenes from this production. Already seen it twice this week in theatrical release so far, and can't wait for my DVD to arrive. I've been honing my shout-outs with each viewing, and need help choosing props to bring to future showings. (Maybe a potato? If youve seen it you'll know why LOL) So many one liners to post and so little time. ("Kansas is pretty much known for its lack of color"? As the scarecrow contemplates.) This HAS to become the new The Room or even Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yes it's THAT good/bad. See it, or rent it more likely if you have the opportunity, and a cocktail or two before, during and after make it that much more fun.A big Thumbs up!!
½ July 25, 2012
The great thing about this film is that no matter how old you are, you'll enjoy it. It's a great movie to show your kids (almost every scene has a hidden message that you can learn from). But everything else aside, the brilliant acting is a reason in itself to see this movie.