Agata e la tempesta - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Agata e la tempesta Reviews

Harlequin68
½ April 24, 2014
Agata(Licia Maglietta) owns a book store where she shares her love of literature and younger men. Her brother Gustavo(Emilio Solfrizzi) is an architect whose travels for work supply his son with a colorful variety of t-shirts to wear at school. Romeo(Giuseppe Battiston) is a dreamer whose mother has just died. That's when he learns that Gustavo is his half-brother which comes as an even larger surprise to Gustavo.

"Agata and the Storm" has to be one of the most random movies I have ever seen which could change again by next week. Story and character elements, including the very odd bit of magic realism, float in all directions, never really able to connect with each other. Some of which has to do with family; others not so much. But it is hard to hate on a movie that is so amiable and that shows so much love for literature. Plus, I know how to pronounce Kierkegaard correctly now.
July 27, 2013
A very intelligent comedic drama full of interesting characters with an understated sense of humor that builds on itself as the movie progresses. It reminded me somewhat of Chocolat.
Harlequin68
½ April 24, 2014

September 21, 2013
Another eccentric Italian film starring the beautiful Licia Maglietta and others from previous films (bread and tulips). I really like these films because they are not totally serious or totally un-serious either, they contain a light-hearted mix of interesting/quirky people and the story is put together in an interesting film. Its also not totally unbelievable. Check it out.
September 13, 2013
Friday, September 13, 2013

(2004) Agata & The Storm/ Agata e la tempesta
(In Italian with English subtitles)
COMEDY DRAMA

Watching "Agata & The Storm" is like watching a lightweight Pedro Aldomovar movie which viewers have to hold their assumptions until the very end. The star Agata(Licia Maglietta) a middle age single woman owns a book store with a younger customer falling for her. At the same time, someone by the name of Romeo (Giuseppe Battiston)goes out of his way to meet her brother who's an architect Gustavo(Emilio Solfrizzi) who may or may not be adopted. There's nothing cringing upon seeing this film and it uses drama and irony some predictable and some isn't but still enough to keep viewers interested.

2.5 out of 4 stars
July 27, 2013
January 13, 2013
Feel good favorite. Licia Maglietta is enchanting and charismatic. Emilio Solfrizzi as her brother who is transformed by a long lost family secret masters the bumpy ride with sincerity and faith. Giuseppe Battiston is hilarious.
January 7, 2013
a feel-good, sweet film :)
½ December 3, 2012
funny italian comedy about finding midlife contentment
November 16, 2012
Dopo "Pane e tulipani" una pellicola per Soldini fatta di ritmo e colpi di scena con sprazzi di surrealismo. Attori bravissimi e un finale sempre aperto.
July 11, 2010
½ November 24, 2009
As far as romantic comedies go, this one is quite good. Well, I guess it's a romantic comedy.
Ok, I'm not sure what it is, but it's good. If you've got an evening to sit and relax to a great film with a happy ending, this is it. Yeah, the ending wasn't happy for one of the characters, but his dream does live on!
½ October 28, 2009
O this ones warm and just a little spicy... be prepared for lovely moments between the characters - that remind us all to be spontaneous.
½ February 11, 2009
Enjoyably quirky film about chasing dreams, the past and current love. Perhaps a bit long, but when you have bright colours, fantastic settings and a lead who explodes light bulbs & computers, and changes traffic lights, upon things going a bit strange, I just enjoyed the ride.
½ July 20, 2008
One of the most boring films ever made, the humor in it is just not funny at all and the acting and plot are terrible
March 18, 2008
que bellissima! makes you wanna LIVE forever in the world of love and sun shine
March 10, 2008
Non vorrei compiere un'eresia mettendo solo tre stelle.. ma l'ho trovato un puzzle un po' complicato! Lo definirei un film... colorato e pieno di vita :-)
½ February 22, 2008
..If seen in translation looses 80% of its charm..
½ January 30, 2008
A little overboard on the craziness and quaintness. But I'd love to have her power of being able to explode electric things.