Airborne

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Airborne Reviews

December 1, 2012
I am not quite sure what type of horror film Airborne wanted to be, but it failed on all levels. I generally like horror on a plane movies (except for Wes Craven's Red Eye, which also sucked and continued to prove how much he sucks now). I even loved Flight of the Living Dead. But Airborne is about as tense, scary, and interesting as an episode of Dancing with the Stars. In other words, it is boring crap with few highlights to recommend it.
January 26, 2014
Airborne is a kind of hospice for less successful Star Wars actors. Also it's really stupid. But that didn't stop me from watching it.
Paul N.
July 9, 2013
Awful. The acting is bad, the story is bad, the filming is bad, the effects are bad, the fake American accents are bad the only good thing about this film is that it ended.
April 10, 2013
Airborne (Dominic Burns, 2012)

Airborne starts off with the best of intentions, though it's a bit derivative of Snakes on a Plane atmosphere-wise (and really, there's nowhere to go from there but down); having a passenger disappear from a plane mid-flight over the Atlantic Ocean is about the best locked-room mystery one could possibly come up with. And for about half this movie's eighty minutes, Dominic Burns manages to give the locked-room-mystery angle its due, and this is actually a fun little movie, though it's never anything more than that. Unfortunately, however, there's a second half, where everything falls apart.

Plot: it's the last flight out of England in the face of an oncoming hurricane, bound for New York City. Among the passengers: Alan (Burns regular Simon Phillips), a recently-dumped layabout who's still flying to New York for his engagement party despite no longer having a fiancee; Max (Snatch's Alan Ford), the stereotypical bad guy, right down to having two musclehead bodyguards, Luke (The Descent's Craig Conway) and Smoker (Harry Brown's Forbes KB); Bob (played by Burns himself), an obnoxious Yankee history teacher; Kailash (East Is East's Raji James), a doctor; a handful of flight attendants, and a few other folks of varying importance to the story. Alan, already morose, is stuck in a window seat next to Bob. Flight attendant Laura (I Can't Think Straight's Kimberly Jaraj), who also happens to be painfully single (see how that works?), takes pity on him and offers him a drink to help him sleep. Which works out fine, but when he wakes up, Bob has disappeared...

it's silly but compelling... and then it hits the halfway point and takes a right turn into stupidland, roping in all kinds of ridiculous attempts at saving its own butt, each one feeling more and more like screenwriter Paul Chronnell was grasping at shorter and shorter straws. Eventually, he missed...but he did so about thirty minutes before he thought he did, based on this movie's running time. *
April 3, 2013
Absolute tripe. It is insulting that the script writer and director expected us to believe the implausible dialogue and actions by the characters, never mind the ridiculous plot. And there would never be a Transtlantic flight with only 10 people on board, the flight would be postponed 'til the next day. Utterly ridiculous.
March 20, 2013
Mark Hamill...what happened to your career ?
This is seriously horrible.
January 31, 2013
The passengers of flight ATL626 are in for some turbulence when several people go missing aboard the plane. Things heat up when the hijackers reveal themselves to the crowd, but no one could expect the dark forces that are truly at work at 30,000 feet! Least of all, the viewer. AIRBORNE sets itself up as a murder mystery involving international terrorists in order to deceive the audience while building towards the major plot twist that occurs midway through the flight. The problem is, the twist is so ridiculous and unfathomable that the film immediately loses all appeal. The supernatural elements at work serve no purpose being aboard the plane, making the setting completely irrelevant. As the passengers struggle in the air, a group of traffic controllers battle a secretive military operation on the ground, but considering that these characters have absolutely no impact on the outcome of the flight, they become entirely unnecessary and a waste of screen time. In addition, we are left with no identifiable heroes, but rather a range of cardboard characters for whom we care nothing. The excitement and suspense never get off the ground in this confused thriller.
December 10, 2012
Airborne is like the paper you cram in the night before its due; you amaze yourself at the work you completed and then after thoroughly analyzing, you realize that there are massive gaps throughout it. I feel as if when this movie was written, ideas were drawn out of hat and automatically incorporated into the script. When have demons, Japanese mythology, terrorism and kidnapping been used in the same sentence. Dominic Burns attempted to cram 4 movies into one and as result left confusing gaps and irrelevant twists. Save yourself the hour and a half of watching airborne before your airdead.
November 28, 2012
Een horror film zo slecht dat in een vreemde weg weer briljant overkomt. Helaas is dat niet goed genoeg om het dunne plot en de veelvlakkige prestaties te kunnen negeren. Alleen geschikt voor een matinee voorstelling !
Roger C.
November 27, 2012
Really bad movie, the plot isn't credible at all. If you haven't seen it yet, please don't waste your time.
November 26, 2012
Damn why can't they make slasher pics like they did in the 80's.....These boring ass mordern day slasher films are getting old.
November 23, 2012
Sadly, this is what Mark Hamill has been reduced to. The premise could potentially make for a tight, claustrophobic thriller, but this is unfortunately a total mess
November 1, 2012
I knew when the main menu came up I wasn't going to like this movie, annoyed me right off
October 21, 2012
This box art is totally misleading. I thought that this would be a zombie flick. Just think about it. Zombies on a airplane! That'd be awesome! Sadly disappointing payoff, however. Atleast it has a excellent, jammin' guitar song at the end. :) Too bad I can't find the name of it anywhere. :(
October 21, 2012
Really really bad plot very predictable. The characters were undeveloped and it wasn't what I was expecting.
Ellen T.
September 29, 2012
Glad to see that Mark Hamill is still working in show biz. Other than that...don't bother watching.
September 20, 2012
Didn't enjoy this one bit.
jarrad b.
September 8, 2012
It was a good mystery with a hint of the supernatural. A good set up and a decent storyline kept the suspence and mystery working.
August 16, 2012
Now this was lots of fun. A random movie i saw last night. Was this British? All the actors in it were... I gotta research if it was indeed from the guy that did Paranormal activity... Pascal Laguier.? This movie made me laugh out loud a few times! I give it 3/5 stars however, as it was not scary... The paranormal aspect of it was not elaborated enough i felt, and i was kinda expecting a straight out typical 'horror', but i give it a so-so rating for what it was, nevertheless, different. Cool idea i thought, lots of laughs, they somehow managed to pull off a silly comedy horror nonetheless :P
Now, tonight for something more serious, Total Recall! Yay! I dig Colin... Well, I hope it will be serious, or a good sci fi at least...
Arghh, i guess i gotta wait until The Possession and Intruders comes, i can not wait to get my hands on those 2!!!
August 9, 2012
Here we have a movie with absolutely no reedeming value. We have a movie about passengers on a plane heading to New York before a massive snow storm rolls in. One by one the passengers start to go missing. Sounds like it could be a terrifying time at 33,000 feet, but this plane is in for a massive tail spin before even leaving the runway.

Starring Mark Hamill from "Star Wars" and "Batman"(voice of the Joker) fame, as Malcolm, head of air traffic control. He is one day from retiring and comes by the office to see the boys. Little does he know the night he is in for. Now I like Mark Hamil. He's not a leading man, but normally gives decent perfomances, especially when it comes to the Joker, but I have to say I think he may have picked the wrong movie to be in. A lot of his lines are not only written poorly, but are also poorly delivered, which makes most of his dialogue come off corny and cheap. Nothing noteworthy of this performance, which is pretty much forgettable.

Julian Glover from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and "Empire Strikes Back"(General Veers) plays George, one of the men responsible for bringing a crate on this plane. This crate holds a vase that holds the soul of a great leader and he needs to get it to New York. It was fun seeing him on screen but that's about it, yet another forgettable performance.

Bill Murray from "EastEnders" and most recenely "The Rise and Fall of the Whitecollar Hooligan" plays the heavy mob style boss Cutter. He's a mean man and one you would not want to cross. I love watching Bill Murray, he's so vocal and commands a presence on screen, as he does in this one. He really brings life to this lifeless movie and probably gives the best performance out of everyone there.

Dominic Burns, director of "How to Stop Being a Loser" not only directs this movie but also acts in it. He was laughable as Bob the geography teacher. He looked like a bad actor from a cheesy dinner theatre in his big sports coat, which kept changing styles between scenes. His directing wasn't much better. He doesn't seem to have command of the scenes and the continuity of shots just don't add up alot of the time. He set an odd pace to the movie which didn't help through the confusion of the characters emotions. People are going missing but he directs the actors as if they are not even bothered about this missing passengers. Everything just feels off and Burns really needed to step up to the plate to sort these things out.

I was glad when the movie ended. Everything about it was just down right horrible. From the badly paced editing, to the poor directing, the poorly written script, to the laughable acting. I was excited to see this film, it seemed like a good premise and sounded interesting. It had Murray, Hamill and Glover in it so I thought not a bad cast for this fun night at the movies. I could not be further from the truth.

On top of everything going on in the film there were just so many errors made. One shot Bob has a dark coat on and in the immediately following shot he is back to a white coat. Seriously sort this stuff out before releasing a movie. The score was so out of place. There were times when heavy drums would be beating but nothing big every happened. The score at times was loud when it needed to be soft and soft when it needed life and to be loud. Something else that should have been sorted before putting this movie.

This is a first for me and the site. I give this movie 0 stars out of 5. There is nothing in this movie, at least for me, that would warrant me to give at least half a star. This movie is downright horrific in every sense of the word and should have stayed shelved. Stay far away from this movie. It will just waste your time. Till next time my friends.