The Allnighter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Allnighter Reviews

September 6, 2010
A predictable story, boring characters, and it's not all that exciting or funny either. I didn't care for this movie, and I do not recommend it.
August 14, 2013
Susanna Hoffs, lead singer of the 80's band The Bangles, plays the lead role in this tacky comedy about the last party before college graduation. The characters are one-dimensional, the story is boring, and the comedy is low-key. The plot is almost nonexistent. Hoffs is a wonderful singer with good range; she's a terrible actress with no range. She surely looks good though :)
March 14, 2007
"The Allnighter" really is a great film from 1987, a great look on the lives of four friends about to graduate from college and getting ready for the real world. The songs in this film are really great. Susanna Hoffs of the great 1980s pop rock band The Bangles stars in her only big film role. Susanna's mother directed the film.
½ May 2, 2016
In the 80s, I had a crush on Bangles lead singer, Susannah Hoff. Although she can look good for a short music video that doesn't mean she can act, although I'm sure the director (her mother) disagrees. What is left is a wannabe teen sex comedy masquerading as an elongated episode of Saved By the Bell. Everyone seems like they're trying to make this film work, but the script has the maturity level of a middle-school student.
September 28, 2014
Susanna Hoffs, la líder del grupo de pop-rock femenino The Bangles, protagoniza esta comedia sobre adolescentes y sexo, dirigida por la madre de Hoffs (!!!), en la que abundan las malas actuaciones y las situaciones poco graciosas y hasta misóginas.
August 14, 2013
December 1, 2012
Traditional 80's movie. If you don't appreciate 80's movies, then don't watch it. One of my favorites.
October 27, 2012
Hard to imagine how they could have made this film any more dull. A group of graduating friends assess their lives as college ends. Susanna Hoffs is okay here but you will be better served by watching old Bangles videos on YouTube.
July 22, 2011
Resolutely plotless. Notable only for starring the 80s power trio of Joan Cusack, the lead singer of The Bangles, and Dee Dee Pfeiffer (Michelle's sister).
September 6, 2010
January 1, 2011
Last week of college for three roomies who seem quite unhappy and borderline desperate in terms of relationships. Film really needed a hit single, a big miss considering Susanna Hoffs appearance--the Bangles were hot at this time.
February 2, 2010
August 13, 2009
Clusterfuck of a movie here, featuring Susanna Hoffs making a complete fool of herself in her movie debut. Sort of like Valley Of Thee Dolls I guess, in which we follow a group of students as they face graduation night together and apart. The stories they face are so thinly plotted you really don't care for any of them, and all the acting (including Joan Cusack) is sub-par. At least there's some eye candy. Finally, I agree with I think Siskel and Ebert who said that it's totally imappropiate for your Mom to direct a movie with you dancing in your underwear.
March 2, 2009
In the same vein as MODERN GIRLS: pointless but not as good. C-
March 12, 2009
It seemed the 80s weekend adventure film was a fad. The Bangles had a star in frontwoman Susanna Hoffs. But could she save this disaster of a film from failing at the box office? She couldn't even save me from falling asleep. As beautiful as Hoffs is, the film was a complete bore and a mess. Unlike "Modern Girls", this film tried to be coherent and completely failed.
October 30, 2008
Sussana hoffs! enough said
June 20, 2008
not necessarily an all time favorite, but a good one to mix in during an '80s movie binge. director commentary on the dvd is a must!
May 17, 2008
Was this supposed to be funny? There's a good reason why I'd never heard of this before hand...