Already Dead Reviews

February 16, 2008
Ron Eldard (Black Hawk Down) plays Thomas (Mr.) Archer whose son is killed and wife brutalized. Suddenly, the detective working his case says he has been re-assigned and the case will be dropped (??!!!). The cop gives Mr. Archer a card to see a therapist (Christopher Plummer). Instantly, I smelled "set up." And so it went, the entire film filled with flashbacks in order to let us know what happened to place Mr. Archer in his present circumstance. A circumstance that opens with scenes ala Hostel! In the process of slowly torturing the captured (by off-duty cops frustrated with the justice system, duh!) killer (Ron Eldard) Mr. Archer discovers it may be the wrong man. The remainder of the film has the 2 team up to defeat the bad cops and discover their high tech operation wherein they see pix that prove this was all a setup in order to get Mr. Archer's money. Lo and behold, guess who is really behind all of this? Well, I have already given away too much. This film is suspenseful but full of "plot" holes throughout, expecially during the "chase" where weapons that are confiscated when run out of bullets, mysterious extra clips show up out of nowhere and when a group of cops discover another cops dead body, instead of speeding up the chase, actually stop long enough for the "good guys" to make it through several scenes. Another scene where our heroes wander around in a semi-lit room for what seems like forever and we are given the impression that they have reached a dead end when suddenly, after what seems to be at least an hour, they simply wander out another door! 3 stars only for the suspense of wondering whether or not they were going to get out of there alive or kill each other trying to do so.
January 27, 2008
i thought it was going to be different than it was. disappointing. not much dialog. a little like hostel. a bit of a surprise ending. just a bit.
½ July 22, 2012
75%

"I don't need to kill you, you're already dead."-Thomas Archer (Ron Eldard)
August 17, 2008
Managed to make half of the movie boring despite the promising premise.
½ March 24, 2008
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Evokes powerful, often uncomfortable questions about morality, justice, vengeance, and the dangerously sketchy line that separates the three. A suspenseful thrill-ride from beginning to end, but be warned; this is not a movie for the faint of heart. I went into this movie more than a bit squeamishly due to the subject matter, but found my efforts well rewarded as I became enraptured in an unconventional plot spinning in unexpected and yet believable directions. [/size][/font]
½ January 6, 2008
Fair thriller, it is moderately interesting. The performances are okay, but the plot is too far-fetched. There are holes in the plot but it does move along at a brisk pace.