The Amazing Panda Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amazing Panda Adventure Reviews

September 6, 2010
We really didn't need another kid and his animal picture, but it seems we can't escape them. This one has a panda, and is sort of like Free Willy.
erika250
½ March 19, 2010
really good action.
June 5, 2011
Not a terrible kids movie, just a rediculous one.
½ February 12, 2008
This is like Homeward Bound, but in China. I've seen it about 3 or 4 times. Highly recommended. Did you know that pandas eat bananas if they can find them? Also eggs and fish. Also, did you know that China loans out its pandas to foreign zoos for one million dollars per year? And all cubs are automatically labeled "property" of the PRC. Also, before they were scientifically catagorized in 1901, they were called "Mottled Bears." Very interesting.
October 14, 2007
A really fun kid's adventure movie that I watched many times.
½ June 11, 2008
There's nothing amazing about this adventure, except for some nice cinematography, a decent score, and some awfully cute pandas. It's been a while since I've seen action sequences that appear to be spoofs of themselves (this is by no means a comedy). The casting is just atrocious, and the writing is only a bit better. And if I were in charge of special effects, I would have chosen to leave my name off of the credits. I would only recommend this to pop into the DVD player at bedtime for your toddler, it works as a good sedative.
January 1, 2013
Heartwarming story of a child who arrives on his fathers doorstep expecting to hate everything about his fathers work but once he is forced to care for the panda's his father has been trying to protect, learns a lesson about the importance of standing up for something.
½ December 6, 2006
BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!
They TOTALLY DUBBED IN the adult Panda's lines. It's voice was way too low. And that growling scene? Totally fake... A Panda doesn't make sounds like that, it was a Grizzly Bear or something.
April 13, 2007
It has been years since I watched this one... All that I remember was that I refused to watch it for 3 years because it scared me really badly, and I don't think that we have it anymore....
February 27, 2007
Great adventure movie. Very cute and heartwarming. I love the baby panda, he steals every scene he is in. I love how the panda cubs are so full of life. They are just adoreable. The is definitely a great family movie. It has a great message to it. Worth seeing.
January 24, 2007
This film was okay. It is definitely a kids film and to my adult tastes...it was lacking in the storyline.
½ January 8, 2007
Childhood favorite. We always watched this movie and played with my Panda stuffie I named "Peanut". Tehe. I still have her! But she is all scraggley now.
½ February 14, 2015
Enjoyable family movie as two kids work to save a baby panda bear in the Chinese mountains.
July 25, 2014
I haven't seen it since I was a kid, so it may not be great from an adult standpoint. As a kid I checked this movie out from the library over and over again and loved it every time. :)
½ April 30, 2014
A movie I saw once or twice as a child, but have no interest in revisiting.
November 10, 2013
I remember seeing this when I was nine or ten as we were forced to watch it in school. I remember enjoying it then, but now yeah this movie looks really stupid.
September 1, 2012
My favorite movie ever. Expecially since it has pandas in it.
½ April 5, 2012
Very cute and nicely shot family film with engaging performances from its young leads, Ryan Slater (Christian's younger brother) and Yi Ding.
June 5, 2011
Not a terrible kids movie, just a rediculous one.
jim
February 20, 2011
Another film I watched repeatedly as a kid, THE AMAZING PANDA ADVENTURE is a true adventure. B+