65% The Maze Runner Sep 19

The Amazing Transparent Man Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

May 10, 2013
From the Mill Creek SciFi Clsddics Collection. The Amazing Transparent Man is very similar to The Invisible Man and one main difference with this movie is that involves the Atomic Age, radiation etc.

A criminal who has escaped from prison is made invisible by a mad scientist and gets him to steal nuclear fuel to help with future experiments. Things go wrong when he robs a bank though as becomes visible and is also dying through radiation poisoning.

This movie has some good special effects considering the low budget. Highlights include the "one man" fights.

The cast includes Douglas Kennedy (The Land Unknown) and Marguerite Chapman (Flight To Mars).

The Amazing Transparent Man is worth watching if you get the chance. A great way to spend just under an hour. 3 1/2 Stars 5-10-13
Chris B

December 15, 2011
While the premise is intriguing (although done way better in The Invisible Man from 1933) the film slowly descends into second rate science fiction slog. The film still had some decent effects for the disappearing act but not much else going for it. There are much better sci-fi films both after and before this one with much greater premises and lasting appeal! Skip it unless your desperate for a sci-fi film and have no better options.
Ken D

January 10, 2011
I really didn't mind this movie so much. Sure it was one of those 50's drive in kind of movies, that had cheesy lines and effects. I even liked the characters and how they were put together and how it seemed to me anyway, was that the bank robber would have some redemption towards the end. Or maybe I fell asleep and I dreamed the whole thing. It was kind of boring and not a whole lot of suspense, but I think Uwe Boll's and Uli Lommell's movies are much worse than this.
FilmGrinder S.
April 14, 2014
62%

"There is a man who has unlocked every door, except the one to his own soul."-Dr Peter Olof (Ivan Triesault)
Billy S.
July 17, 2013
While there mare much better invisible man movies, I actually enjoyed this movie more than I should have. Perhaps this was due to the strange mix of a petty bank robber and a villain wanting to build a super-army of invisible soldiers.
September 21, 2012
Despite it's shortcomings, "The Amazing Transparent Man" is smarter and better than most of the cheap sci-fi films you can find in the bargain bin. It has an interesting premise, original characters and at just under an hour, it moves quickly so you won't be bored. There's some sci-fi mumbo jumbo to explain the invisibility and those special effects are passable, though not great (and in some casses pretty laughable). The ending is where the movie really shines, which is what makes up for the rough spots. If you're at all curious about this one or if you are a fan of these older quickie sci-fi flicks, this is one of the better ones, though if you're not in that mindset you probably won't appreciate it. (Dvd, September 20, 2012)
January 9, 2013
I dare anyone to explain this plot.
March 11, 2012
It has a interesting concept but it's not a new one. The effects are pretty low budget, and the characters aren't too great. Decent MST3K material, but not a decent film.
Chris B

December 15, 2011
Darth Caedus
June 29, 2010
A black and white, sci-fi, anti-war, bank heist movie! I have to say that I really enjoyed this little movie. I thought the acting was Ok, and minus a few nonsensical moments the story was pretty engrossing. It plays more like a two part TV episode then an actual film. The science fiction of it is cool, and the effects are fun, impressive, and creative. Overall, Give this a shot if your an old sci-fi film buff. If not then you probably want to stay away from this one.
jazza923
February 24, 2006
Pretty bad grade Z sci-fi horror film. It does have some rather clever plot ideas, and the special effects for 1960 aren't too bad. But it is badly acted and directed.