• R, 1 hr. 38 min.

American Crude Reviews

iLeo
iLeo

July 16, 2008
Here's a great comedy brought forth by Craig Sheffer. Absolutely hilarious!! Great cast. Fantastic story plot. Missi Pyle, Rob Schneider, and Jennifer Esposito were absolutely outstanding. A must-see.
July 7, 2013
Big names can't make this unfunny and contrived film worth the price of admission. Michael Clarke Duncan is the only player who seems to be trying and the story is so forced that American Crude comes off as more comedic that it is trying to be.
youngnastyman88
November 18, 2011
This is one of the most poorly written films i have ever seen. I'm blown away that so many talented/semi-talented people signed on for such garbage is beyond me. Someone seriously had to have made bank to agree to have their names attached to such regurgitation. Both the dialogue and story are boring and at best uninspirational. It's like going on a long road trip through the most boring section of America only to find out you never even left. No character is likeable or watchable. No hero or bad guy either. The worst attempt at a black comedy I've seen yet.
June 15, 2008
I love Ron Livingston, but I would not recommend this movie. Tries too hard to be one of those movies where the characters are all linked. I could have cared less for any of them.
justinquinn99
July 2, 2008
OMG this was horrible!!! How could this film be so bad? It had a good cast but I guess that goes to show you that you could have the best cast ever assembled but that doesn't mean it would be a good movie. The storyline was just stupid and made no sense. It jumped all over the place and the storyline actually made these actors suck. I don't know anything about Craig Sheffer, the director, but if all his films are as bad as this one then God help us. No one should see this film unless you want to see what a bad story and bad acting really looks like.
BobbyTheMovieGod
June 1, 2008
A crappy story overall. I enjoyed the few twists of Rob Schneider's story and I enjoyed Jennifer Esposito's story for the most part. But the dad and the country girl was just awful the transexual was stupid and the movie just fell flat, I wouldn't recommend this one.
Bengel W.
October 21, 2013
All kinds of sexual debauchery are portrayed in this movie some seriously and others with a hint of a smile. Actors do a fine job of the script producing a simple film that may have you gob-smacked. Sets compliment the action with laughter behind the building of. Music is sexy and racy adding to the overall intense fun of this screenplay. Nibbles: Eccles cakes and cream.
Captain J.
October 4, 2009
Quentin Tarantino wannabe,trying to be a darkly edgy comedic film that nose dived into the video store dumpster bin after the first 15 minutes.
Sad that two underrated comedic diamonds in the rough characters like Rob Schneider and Ron Livingston keep making straight to the dumpster comedies.
The movie was offensively racist and homophobic,trying to be funny that then fell flat on its sad clown face.
Sad sack Rob Schneider snorting coke and getting pummeled by a transvestite whore, then later getting electrocuted in a tub.
END OF STORY
Johnny G.
April 21, 2009
Absolutely Horrible!
bbc20000
June 15, 2008
This movie should have never been filmed. It is supposed to be a comedy but it is not funny at all. Total waste of time. skip it.
jazza923
May 29, 2008
2.5/10. Why? This is a sloppily constucted so called comedy that defies any logic that it was even made. The cast struggles with their poor dialogue, it's disjointed and stupid.