America's Sweethearts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

America's Sweethearts Reviews

July 24, 2013
An all-star cast, indeed, but the film is lackluster in comedy even in romance. America's
Sweethearts is a rom-com that does no favors in providing attention or even inspiration to the audience despite the amount of stars on display. 3/5
½ March 19, 2012
Interesting concept to a satire, but a very unfunny screenplay, and just make us lose a good time seeing more one dumb romantic comedy with famous making fun of they self. Rotten.
½ July 5, 2009
A comedy about celebrity, family and other forms of insanity.

Not bad but not so good either. America's Sweethearts is one of those movies where if you've seen the preview, you've seen the movie. The story was kinda dull and boring at times. Hank Azaria's accent was one the ugliest accent I've heard before, it was truly hilarious to hear him speak. The ending was good though.

America's favorite couple, in movies as well as in real life, has broken up: Gwen has fallen in love with Latin actor Hector, Eddie can't take it no more and has taken quite some time off in the lush gardens of a leading wellness guru. But there is a problem: The latest movie of Gwen & Eddie ("Time over Time") is being held hostage by its director Hal Weidmann. His only request is that it is shown to the press first, not even producer and studio boss David Kingman may take a look at it. Kingman now entrusts PR wizard Lee Philips, whom he just had fired, to organize a press junket that none of the journalists will ever forget - just to distract the press from the fact that the film itself won't be shown at all. Therefore, Lee somehow has to bring Gwen and Eddie back together, at least for that one weekend, in a lonely hotel resort in the Nevada desert. Not quite everything works out the way Lee wanted it to, since Gwen's sister and assistant Kiki also has a mind of her own.
½ June 23, 2011
Was better than I expected it to be. Another must see film! I quite liked Catherine Zeta Jones in this as well.
May 14, 2011
a lil fun schticking hollywood romance, schtupping hollywood, and schlepping our psyches along for the ride. good clean fun, billy crystal style.
½ November 19, 2009
It's about as good as you're going to get with the typical romantic comedy formula. It has a great cast that work well off each other, but it is extremely predictable and cliched. Still, it's worth a watch. Fluff isn't always bad to watch, it can get you optimistic if nothing else.
April 23, 2008
Very good movie. Julia Roberts is adorable as always and John Cusack and Billy Crystal have very good performances. I'm a huge John Cusack fan! <3 :) Just great!
½ August 2, 2009
this is a great film. a chick flick, but a good one.
September 14, 2007
love it excellant film funny love film
November 30, 2006
The love quadrangle that centres around Julia Roberts, John Cusack, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Hank Azaria is much more entertaining than the script's jabs at two-faced reporters, film junkets, and image-making, all of which have been skewered far better in projects such as, say, Robert Altman's The Player. Even so, Roberts and Cusack generate considerable good will, and the result goes down smoothly.
July 15, 2007
American's hottest couple aren't too hot about each other. Good cast.
½ July 15, 2007
The masters of the romantic comedy return to remind us all why they hold the title. I liked this more than I logically should have, since I hate Julia Roberts, but Everyone else in this did really really well. It's like the Ocean's Eleven of the romantic comedy- more enjoyable and less saccharine than you would think. The jokes throw you not only with thier own humour, but the mere fact that here IS genuine humour in a Roberts vehicle. I guess I'm too used to being disappointed by similar fare. This is was really not too bad.
June 25, 2007
This is such a cute movie. John Cusack,Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Julia Roberts have great chemistry together.
June 6, 2007
I really wanted to see this movie after I know they have Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta Jones and John Cusack together... But what I saw is just an ordinary comedy with a bad editing.... the cast played great, they showed they're good for the Oscars... but i don't quite like the endings.... they should make a better endings for that...
½ January 18, 2007
with this cast this flick should have been a lot better
December 28, 2006
It had a couple of funny parts.
October 17, 2006
It was okay.
October 3, 2006
Great cast and very funny... Please Hollywood, make more movies like this!
½ June 17, 2012
From writer/producer Billy Crystal comes the fun, romantic comedy America's Sweethearts. When America's number one Hollywood couple goes through a tumultuous breakup, the film studio plots to get them back together in order to promote their latest movie. John Cusack, Julia Roberts, Billy Crystal, and Catherine Zeta-Jones form an all-star cast that delivers some great performances. Plus, the story's written fairly well and has some fun surprises. America's Sweethearts is an entertaining romp full of laughs.
May 28, 2011
a romantic comedy that makes celeberty relationships funny to wathc with billy crystal stealing the whole film! B