63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

And Your Name Is Jonah Reviews

August 10, 2011
This movie was rather interesting when seen as a sort of time capsule, demonstrating how deafness might have been seen in the late seventies. I have several hard-of-hearing friends and was surprised at how much the perception and response toward them has changed since this movie was made.

However, that being said... This movie was pretty awful. Not a single one of the adult performances rang true, the story was melodramatic, the characters were over-the-top and constantly irrational. This could have been a pretty good, fairly powerful little movie, but it was made for TV and it shows.
taylormosley1
July 16, 2009
"And your name is JonaH" is an awesome movie that everyone should see. I highly reccommed it to those with disabilities in their family, those with hearing impairments in their families, or those interested in working with the disabled.
zelda64
November 21, 2007
I thought Sally Struthers played a more serious role than she does as Gloria (All In the Family). Here parents of a deaf child are misled, as the medical community thinks the boy is mentally retarded.

Any Parent would go to great length to find out how to save a child. Struthers make me see the negligence and carelessness of many so-called "doctors".

Struthers has faith and persistance; Through a friend,Jonah finds he has a place in Society & belongs.
July 4, 2012
tv movie A couple's deaf child is misdiagnosed as mentally retarded. Yawn! CBS1/28/1979
July 4, 2012
TV MOVIE. A couple's deaf child is misdiagnosed as mentally retarded. Yawn! CBS1/28/1979
Kyle f73
May 4, 2012
Well acted, thought provoking drama.